Let me go into detail - I believe she is about 3 months in, it definently IS my kid, and yes the breakup is what we both want. I'm currently dating another girl who is okay with the situation and wants me to support the ex as much as posisble, and I do want to be a father to it. What I'm most worried about is how do I tell my parents? =/
crispytoast crispytoast 18-21 18 Answers Aug 24, 2009

make sure it's YOUR baby and she's not pullin a fast one on ya.

Best Answer

I definitely agree with rusted....don't take any chances. You have nothing to lose to get a paternity test done. Then when you do confirm it's yours I would tell your parents and then prepare for this baby to come. Children are so innocent so do as much as you can to have him/her in your life. Also I applaud your new girlfriend for being supportive and accepting.

Best Answer

resign yourself to a lifetime of child support and develop a new appreciation for the humble condom.

Best Answer

If it's your baby, man up and be responsible

If it's not your baby, congratulate her and move on

Best Answer

My girlfriend is having my baby but she what to have the baby n life him there cuz she got problem with the law cuz she is doing perks set n she is scary cuz she had problem before with her other kids but she sing all her right to me so can I pick him up for the hospiltel yes or no can u help me plz

Best Answer

You should have a paternity test done after the baby is born anyway just to make sure. You should let your parents know that there is a POSSIBILITY that the child is yours so that they can be prepared and please take what's happened with the ex-girlfriend in mind and don't do the same thing with the new girlfriend. You must still live with your parents if you are concerned about telling them you might be a father. Grown up actions have grown up consequences.

Best Answer

Well, like everyone says, determine scientifically if it is yours. If it is...CELEBRATE!! AND include your parents in the celebration, as everyone wants to see new generations born, and by all means, support your kid AND demand rights! Or, ask for custody.

Best Answer

paternity test to be sure it is your kid

yes, you have to tell your parents

if yours, you need to support

if not, it's a good lesson learned

Best Answer

god gave ya two legs use 'em :P nah seriously though i would say be as supportive as you can and well hope for the best, no one knows what the future holds.

birth is the end of one life and the beginning of a whole new one, so embrace it :)

Best Answer

First of all, get a paternity test make sure you are the father...I dont know when this can be done...If you still care for her support her through the pregnancy the best way you can..be very clear about your intentions...talk about the possibility it may or may not be yours and the future is uncertain untill you ascertain that....but given it may not be able to be determined until birth...you have some serious talking to do....why did you split up...was it what you definately wanted...keep in mind that you can be a father without marrying her..depending on your cultural convictions....talk to your friends and family....get their advice....is she just trying to get you back as some weak girls use this ploy as they figure it buys them a couple of months with you at least...be sure of your dates of last intimate contact, see a pregnancy test done in your presence..go to the 8 week scan...insist on being involved....be careful..as many women and Im not saying this is the case....but many women accuse the wrong men of fathering their children..and force them to pay maintenance or support for years only to have it proven years later that they are not the biological father...protect yourself...be involved if you choose...and if you are the father...immediately get your parental rights sanctioned with a court order over visitation and living arrangements for the future and custody...are you ready to be a father...if not...there are parenting courses offered in most countries.....you will need alot of support...so will the child.....don't force a relationship to start up again just because of this though...I strongly recommend against that....good luck....next time remember if its not on its not on.....un protected sex is very risky...

Best Answer

How long has she been your 'ex'? When was the last time you *@*:ed? Does it add up; that it could be yours? How far a long is she? Does she intend to keep it? If so; and it is yours - or suspect it is yours - then insist on a dna at birth. If there was a reason for her being an 'ex'; like cheating on you - the dna is essential.

Don't get back with her for the sake of the kid...cause the kid will be brought up in less then a good environment.

Has the 'ex' played the pregnant card before? If the dates work out; and she says she is - insist on going to the doctors appointment; and being there to determine the due date and the conception date. It will also determine if she really is or isn't! Good luck

Best Answer

hehe..whatever u do,just be urself.if i were u,i would never shoulder responsibility on a woman which i dont love.There're a lot of differences between love and responsibility!i coundnt face to a person which i dont love everyday!!!@@i rather to be an ******* ....

Best Answer

Jesus, everyone else is so preachy, 8 words man, all you need to do

"My ex is pregnant, it could be mine"

Best Answer