Thnak you for all your answers .. they all in some way say exactly how I feel. I was praying for a long time that he would get help, then I just started praying that God would end his suffering.
holahoopqueen holahoopqueen 51-55, F 35 Answers Jul 3, 2012

No...not at all.....it's probably stuff like this that made him your ex to begin with....He was manipulating and you didn't fall for it...I say we should give you a medal....People who threaten to kill themselves in ANYWAY in order to manipulate someone should always be encouraged to seek help but avoided at all costs.....

Best Answer

No.I'm an alcoholic who quit drinking, and believe me, I know, active alcoholics will try anything to keep you around and at the same time, let them keep on drinking.<br />
It is part of the disease and the sickness of alcoholism, and there is no reason under heaven for you to take responsibilty for the actions of an alcoholic.

Best Answer

HELL YES you should feel horrible! You have no soul! If anyone ever told me they were wanting to kill themselves and were my friend or girlfriend I would do anything in my power to show them that I cared and try to be supportive. All you were thinking about is yourself and partying and having fun. You basically killed the guy. In gods eyes your a murderer

Best Answer

You can not speak for God!!! In God's eyes I am his child and God loves me and only wants what is best for his children.. and staying with a alocholic who is abusive is not Gods best for me!! We all have free will... I did not pour the drinks down him!!! There was a huge reason that he was my EX!!!!!

Best Answer

No way. What did he say that for? Did he expect you to go out and buy the drink for him?

Best Answer

No. You shouldn't have to stay with someone you don't want just so that they won't kill themselves. That was his fault. Besides, if he drank himself to death because you left him, I'm sure it wasn't all about you dumping him, perhaps it was something else? But you shouldn't have had to settle for that guy just because he tried to corner you into staying.

Best Answer

Did he say if u loved me youd do whatever. But yes youll feel guilt.

Best Answer

I agree with the majority. It was his choice.

Best Answer

If you left him due to his drinking habit which I am sure he does because only a drinker can drink himself to death,there is no reason you should feel guilty.But if it was for other reasons you have a point there.

Best Answer

Iffen yer feelin' a tad guilty, pick up a bottle of spirits and take it to his grave. Open the bottle and drink it dry. Pass his portion through yer kidneys.

Best Answer

No, there is nothing you can do in a situation like that. If you WANT to be with him and try to help and keep a relationship together, that's one thing. But to be blackmailed into a relationship you don't want, that's something totally different and you're not responsible for his actions.

Best Answer

No, he was a sick alcoholic and did it to himself. You have nothing to feel guilty about. At least now he is at peace. Sorry for the loss. Hugs.

Best Answer

blackmailing looser he is where he deserves forget him move along with your life,,

Best Answer

NOPE.......

Best Answer

No, that was just his excuse to do what he wanted to do

Best Answer

He did it to himself, you have no reason to feel guilty.

Best Answer

I understand why you would ask but no.<br />
You are not responsible for their actions or decisions. If you gave in, you would have been held captive by this person. That is no way to live. They were using guilt as a tool to try to manipulate you.

Best Answer

I asked cuz I do not feel guilty or anything else. I was in the process of a divorce (for over two years). I just wanted some kind of end/closure. I feel relief .. no more looking over my shoulder or being stalked.

Best Answer

drunks always have an excuse to drink...any excuse will do for them....just be thankful he was an ex

Best Answer

I don't think you have to feel guilty, but you might if you didn't try to make things work with some give and take.

Best Answer

Not at all

Best Answer