Just curious. Don't be emotional people, I am fine.
FoundThenLostOnTheSameDay FoundThenLostOnTheSameDay 22-25 17 Answers Jan 23, 2012

if you have siblings and your dad pays more attention to them, then you're probably not doing something that he likes. i mean if he's into guns and you're into barbies, why the heck would he pay attention to you? of if you're an only child or you have siblings and he's like that to all of you, then that means your dad wasn't raised like that: his own dad probably didn't raise him like. lastly, it could be possible that he doesn't know what to do or what to say to you, thus ignore you. don't think about your dad as your dad but as a normal human being too. that way, you can remove all those emotional biases and be more objective

Best Answer

His loss, not yours.

Best Answer

It's not because of you. None of this is your fault. Some people ore just NOT born to be parents...he's just a self centered as*s and cares about nothing but himself and his needs. Sending LOTS of hugs your way!

Best Answer

:) Hugs... Sometimes I think I am getting mentally abnormal as I dont feel anything like pain. It doesn't hurt me. Is that bad being senseless with all this ?

Best Answer

No...It's a way of coping . And you're not senseless otherwise you would have not posted your questions here....don't worry sweetie. Everything will be ok i promise you

Best Answer

Go and talk to him, try to sort things out. Life is too short to have tiffs with family.

Best Answer

Thank you for your advice, Sire. But I am done with drama.

Best Answer

Mine is the same and it hurts even though I don't respect him. He doesn't say anything to me or show any concern. The only time he would say something is to ask for help and that's why I would get annoyed and try to avoid it.

He have always been indifferent towards me and it has really affected my self-esteem. I feel like a complete freak. I know he has issues but don't have children then!

People are selfish. They have families so they won't be alone but they're not equipped to provide them with mental or emotional support.

Best Answer

Well, I have the same situatation. My father has stopped even answering to my phone calls since last 3 months. Whatever was expected out of me from my father, I did it. He wanted to me study as per his choice, give laurels to the familiy, get married to a person he choses. I did everything still now after marriage he has now started maintaining a distance from me. He doesn't want me to go USA but due to the nature of my job, I had to travel sometime. He lives in a remote town and wants me to live with him along with my wife and doesn't care if I earn good or not. I have tried him to convince and come to USA and spend few months, he has not even bothered to start a passport application. I hail from a small town in India. I also have a other issue, my wife doesn't like my father and doesn't want to spend even a week at my home town.How do I convince her ? It is all hurting me, it affects my day to day activity and always feel guilty of not taking taking good care of my family overall.

Best Answer

I have a sister who doesn't want to talk to me and it is not because I am stupid, emotionally sick or asking her for anything. Your father may not want to be reminded of you because of all the dumb and cruel things he may have done to you over a life time or maybe hide from you because you know more about him than anyone else and it may not all be good.

Best Answer

My father and I have a strange relationship. I am now 54. My mother died a few months ago and then my brother only weeks after. At the time of the deaths our family came together and we were so close. I was hoping this would continue but alas we have all gone our separate ways and now I don't see any of them excepting for next weekend when we will scatter their ashes. I feel hurt that I am not close to my father but h has chosen not to make me a priority in his life. We have never been close but I know if I rang him and asked him for help or money, he would do it in a heartbeat. He is just not good with emotions and conversation except on a very superficial level. I now have met a man and will forge ahead with a life with him, He has a beautiful close family and I am going to have the family I never had. I do have a wonderful son but he lives in another State but we are close. Maybe you should write a letter to your Dad and tell him how you feel. I did this once but didnt get a response but it was ok as I knew where I stood. My Mum was wonderful and I miss her so. Cherish the people in your life that do make an effort to see you and want to be with you because they are your real family. Good luck and God bless you.

Best Answer

pretty much

Best Answer

i can relate..my dad doesn't talk or knowledge me much but i know he cares.

He has no problems relating to his grandkids and is a lovely grandfather..strange i know...but i've put it down to him getting older (78 this year) and lives on his own..i think they get a little anti social.

It hurts my feelings and i often feel like i don't exist.

Could this be the same situation?

Best Answer

It means your father is a self absorbed fool, and when he is old and in a nursing home cause none of his kids want to take care of him he will wonder why. You will be able to send him a card saying paybacks a b*i*t*c*h daddy...

Best Answer

My Dad is the same as well.

Think its best to move on from neglectful parents.

Best Answer

Should I feel sorry for my self?

Best Answer

yes, I don't feel sorry or sad. But I feel like I can't feel. So , i was wondering if it is some kind of emotional/psychological result of this situation.

Best Answer

My Dad's the same and you know what his loss , he has to live with being a stranger to me .

I'm glad he's my Dad though , genetically speaking I wouldn't be who I am if he wasn't .

I'm lucky that I have the most amazing step-dad so it's all good .

Best Answer

There many reasons for behavior like you describe it can be u reminded him of someone he lost, or maybe he is not happy in the direction your life is going. The only person that can answer that question is your father

Best Answer

He sounds like an @r$ehole

Best Answer

my dad is sort of the same too, i call him from time to time but he's cold with me he just cares about my other 4 sisters.

Best Answer