waynewest1 waynewest1 31-35, M 27 Answers May 7, 2012

Yes and you are a good person for being there for him....

Best Answer

Yes. I to had a dad that did not take the responsibility of caring for his children. In the end, he needed us. I had harsh feelings towards him while I was growing up because me and my siblings suffered so much of not having adequate clothing, food etc. We also suffered our lights, gas & water being shut off numerous times. However, we don't pick our parents. It took me years to come to grip and started back loving my dad.

Best Answer

did it for my mom, but she was ALWAYS there for me. would only do it for my deadbeat dad if there were money involved.

Best Answer

well he brought u into this life so he is worth it

Best Answer

no. my dad's not there for me, so when he gets older, **** him.

Best Answer

I'm in a situation where I'm doing this for my mom because she was always there for me. My dad was an alkie that died from it. The compassion you are showing here is absolutely awesome.

Best Answer

Whether he was there for you or not, its a brave and difficult thing you are doing and I bow to you, having been there and done it myself. All I can say to help is that when its over you will have a sense of pride in knowing you did your best for him and saw it through. There is nothing worse than guilt about what you didnt do, and by extension nothing better than never having to feel that guilt.

Best Answer

Of course. Your parents are the only two people that no matter what you should always find room in your heart to forgive them. They are humans and are going to mistakes and mess up. Some people act like their parent aren't allow to mess up or do wrong things sometimes they lose themselves and are just like any other human. God will bless you because you forgives him and you didn't let revenge cloud your judgement. God is so good

Best Answer

it's moot now, but i hope so

Best Answer

Yes, but my father was there for me, completely and unconditionally until he died. So, there would be no hesitation on my part.

Best Answer

Sure, for without your parents there is no you.<br />
And I had a similar experience with my father, who was an abusive drunk in his Life, but needed care when the drinking caught up with him

Best Answer

if he were alive I probably would

Best Answer

Not for mine. Good on you for doing it tho

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

Probably. Or maybe I'd make sure to hire someone who would do that. I understand how you must feel, and it's a hard thing to do when you feel resentful. I guess it comes down to doing what you feel is right, regardless of what someone has done for you. Seems to me you have a choice about feeling the occasional resentment or perhaps feeling the guilt that you might have if your father weren't being cared for. Maybe even this relationship is better than none at all, and maybe it can actually help you forgive your dad for not being there for you- seeing him that helpless. Sometimes things work out in funny ways.

Best Answer