Don't graduate to the divorce ultimatum.

Best Answer

It depends on your financial status. If it takes both of your incomes to live the way you both have become accustomed too. YES. <br />
If you would have plenty of income with just his and he is just being a ****. Then NO.

Best Answer

He thought he was marrying a working woman. To live well today it takes two to work, not one. You would not have the option to leave your current job and seek another if he was not in the picture to support you. I totally understand his position, he is feeling used. Look for a job while you work at the one you hate. When you find a new job, then leave your current job, not before. <br />
By the way, you are lucky to have a job, many dont

Best Answer

Does he give a reason? I mean, there isn't anything unusual going on, like you agreed to pay for the wedding? <br />
If it's just about money, then that would be a big red flag, absolutely. <br />
Keep in mind, though, that he said it would be postponed- not necessarily cancelled. I wonder if he is just trying to pressure you a bit. Not good, but it's not the same as breaking up with you or saying he doesn't want to be married.

Best Answer

No we haven't worked out the financials of the wedding but he doesnt want to set a date of plan the wedding until we are done fixing up his house under his name. And I do a lot of the work. I'm starting to feel like an idiot ....

Best Answer

That does sound a bit "fishy". I think I'd back off a while. How long have you been dating/engaged?

Best Answer

2 years this month, dating. 3 months engaged.

Best Answer

I guess I'd have to take a really close look at how he treated me in general, not to mention his relationship with money.

Best Answer

Is she marrying you or your job or a meal ticket.

Best Answer

It's a he, I'm a she. Doesn't make sense because he can support himself very well without me and we work in very different fields. He just doesnt want to take on the burden of supporting me.

Best Answer

He should not have to take on the burden of supporting you because you dislike your job. he did not agree to that. If that is your expectation of him, then you are not suited to each other and should not marry.

Best Answer

I agree he shouldn't have to take that burden on. But we are talking about marriage, there will be ups and downs. Isn't this part of that?

Best Answer

Is that a matter of practicality, or is he holding the wedding hostage if you chose to find different work?

Best Answer

I think a little of both. I think he doesn't want to have to ever support me.

Best Answer

Yeah, like all the others say, you need to rethink this. Marriages mean committing to supporting another, and reluctance to do so in any way, shape or form is a bad sign. Now, I admit to a lack of personal experience regarding all this, so I'm unqualified to be helpful, but I can be objective.

Best Answer

Bad omen. Doesn't sound understanding. Run for the hills, move on.

Best Answer