I need to talk to him. I really can't live without him, he saved my life.
MewzyCat MewzyCat 16-17, F 25 Answers Nov 5, 2012 in Struggles

You need to follow the rules and wait until you are 18. If he is still there and you feel the same, great, it was meant to be and the time means nothing. If he moved on and you no longer feel the same way then it was never meant to be.

Best Answer

Now, Ms.MewzyCat - Everyone is correct there is nothing you can do until you are 18. Everything that you could do besides waiting until you are 18 "the powers that be" either won't give you a time a day because you are not 18 or the actions that you could do will take so long to go through that by the time you complete spending the time and money that you most likely don't have since you are 17 you will already be 18 so there is no point....Also take this time to consider other future options for yourself besides the binds of marriage. You are at an age where you are unimpressed by your hometown life and are looking for more stimulating life events. The truth is is that you are on the brink of an exciting adult future. There is no need to rush the events, especially since they will come to you. Enjoy your youth, it leaves steadily but fast. You are not done growing. You think you may know yourself right now, but within the next 5 years of your life you will truely blossom into who you really are. Who you are at 17 is not who you are ment to be forever. Don't make the transformation harder on yourself. Don't complicate or tie yourself down in the blast of freedom. Explore, Learn, Become.

Best Answer

Your parents have the appartment and the upper hand on you. Say nothing and do nothing until he gets out. He is 21 and a man to make life decisions about the two of you, once he gets out of jail. Your life depend on his decision not your parents. In the mean time get a job (money) and move out ASAP.

Best Answer

I fear that your parents will interfere with your relationships for the rest of your life. They will live to regret it because someday they will be dependent upon you when they become elderly. Then it will be your turn to run the show, and remind them how they mistreated you when you were a teen.

Best Answer

I'm cofused on how they could have him arrested. The legal age of Consent is 16 in Mississippi. There is a difference between "Consent" and "Being of Age". The legal age of Consent only applies to sexual conduct. If you are 17, you are legally able to decide if you want to have sex with this man.

Best Answer

They had him arrested on trespassing charges, and when they asked if we were together and he said yea they told us the legal age was 18, not 17

Best Answer

The age of Consent in Mississippi is 16; the law clearly states that you can legally make the choice to engage in sexual activity at that age. As far as the trespassing charge, that's for the courts to decide. But he should not be charged with a sexually based offense.

Best Answer

Interesting you know the age of consent in Mississippi. :)

Best Answer

I did an internship in Mississippi when I graduated from Law School

Best Answer

Use the time to think about what kind of guy at 21 would want a 17 yo girl? It will take years for you to train him to be mature.

Best Answer

well if your living in there house and they support u, there is not a lot you can do.

again i say wait, see how you feel in a week and see what he does within the week

Best Answer

Mississippi, we both thought the legal age was 17 here...

Best Answer

The Mississippi legal Age of Consent for sexual contact is 16 years old. A total of thirty one states have set their age of consent at 16, the lowest age of consent in any state.

Best Answer

Really? Can I get the cops in trouble for saying it was 18 and lying to us?

Best Answer

that's ******* horrible

what a stupid azz reason to have a sexual offense on your record.

damn people need to think things through :(

Best Answer

He should-and probably did-know better. If he truly cared, he'd wait till you're 18 AND earn the respect and approval of your family.

Best Answer

You should listen to your father and follow his advice.

Best Answer

Isn't 16 the age of consent? I doubt this story is true.

Best Answer

I really don't get why y'all think I'm lying. The legal age is apparently 18. Me and him both thought it was 17

Best Answer

Uh... where does consent come in at all?
You don't seem to be telling the whole story, Mewzy... my understanding of it changes every single time you post something...

Best Answer

My parents had him arrested for trespassing, but when the cops took him away, they said told us the legal age of consent was 18 and that he was in even deeper sh*t for being with a minor.

Best Answer

Then those cops are corrupt as all hell and need to be removed from the force, blacklisted from the force, arrested, and imprisoned.

Best Answer

I'm beginning to think the same..

Best Answer

just wait till your 18 and do what you want and tell the police to get outta your face and then call a lawyer, slap harassment charges on police if they bother you also invasion of privacy

Best Answer

I'm terribly sorry, but police won't let under age girls go if men are that age and when parents get involved.. I've been there... Not gonna work and your relationship won't work out in the end either... Parents are monsters!

Best Answer

There's nothing you can do. You are underage, and not a family member.

Best Answer

Wait til you're 18. Until then, you have no rights regarding this matter.

Best Answer

Go to court and state unequivocally that the two of you are waiting til you turn18 to do anything that requires or implies nudity. good luck...

Best Answer

You cannot do a thing until you are 18

Best Answer

You commit suicide because you're too ******* stupid to tell a believable lie.

Best Answer

I wish it was a lie, I really do.

Best Answer

If it's not a lie, call the FBI and have them investigate those police officers.

Best Answer

If I'm understanding this situation correctly... your parents are the ONLY ONES who committed a crime. They should be the ones being arrested.

Best Answer

You are correct.
http://www.age-of-consent.info/states/Mississippi
16 you can consent to s-e-x, but not with anyone more than 3 years older than you.

Best Answer

Write to him.

Best Answer

What was he arrested for?

Best Answer

Trespassing on our apartment complex. They didn't have any proof we had been together in a romantic way.

Best Answer

..Wait what? Wow. I'd murder your parents for calling the police then. They are ******* ********.

Best Answer

Tough situation, I think your parents are trying to look out for you, at 21 he knows more about the world than you and life saver or not if you were vulnerable enough to take an OD maybe he can see that and wants to take advantage?
Write to him and ask how he is.

Best Answer

He was on his way to my house when someone called the cops thinking he was a prowler

Best Answer

Just be safe and take care.

Best Answer

Wait until you are 18. Until then a relationship with you without parental consent is a criminal act for him.

Best Answer

Actually, it's not a criminal act...

Best Answer

Actually having relations with a minor is a criminal act or else people would not be arrested for having the relations "when turned in".

Best Answer

Actually she said absolutely nothing whatsoever about sexual relations, and he was arrested for TRESPASSING, not sexual offenses.

Best Answer