We're getting married in May, and will be honeymooning for a week in Bora Bora. I just discovered that my Depo shot is smack dab in the middle of that week. I told my fiance, and surprisingly he said that we probably wouldn't get pregnant anyway, and worst case scenario we'd come home with a honeymoon baby. A honeymoon baby is a terrible case scenario. We had previously agreed to wait 5 years before trying, and I have 0 interest in having children before that. This is out of the blue, and now he's talking like unexpected pregnancy would be a little surprise blessing, whereas I totally disagree. Talking about this doesn't get anywhere. What should I do about my shot? We obviously don't want to use condoms on our honeymoon, but I don't know if it's okay to get it a week or two early. I also am weirded out by my fiances change of heart. He insists that he agrees on the 5 year plan, but now he's talking about honeymoon babies longingly.
charbakes charbakes 26-30, F 14 Answers Oct 12, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

This is a very, very important issue that you two need to discuss and come to some resolution you both agree on. <br />
Not sure why your fiancee' thinks you won't get pregnant if you're not taking birth control or using a condom. That in itself is a red flag .. <br />
If you aren't ready for a baby ... please tell him so. Bringing kids into the world is wonderful, but challenging enough when both parents are on board with it. <br />
Communication is one of the most important parts of marriage .. please be honest with your fiancee' about your feelings and wait until having a baby is right for both of you.<br />
Good Luck.

Best Answer

See your OB for the shot.<br />
You fiancé is, in my opinion, trying to put you at ease. You both want to stick to the 5 year plan, but if an accident happens, he won't run out. HE hasn't had a change of heart, he just wants to tell you, if for some reason the 5 year plan doesn't work out it is ok.

Best Answer

wear a condom?.. oO

Best Answer

Don't doctor's recommend diaphrams anymore? It works and you'd be taking a lot of pressure off of you. Give yourselves a chance to be married first before you start to have babies.

Best Answer

Call your doctor if you are that concerned about not getting pregnant. As far as the talk be happy that he is excited about starting a life and family with you.

Best Answer

Ah interesting situation. My husband and I knew that we wanted to start a family soon after being married. He was kind of surprised when I told him that I didn't want us to use birth control once we were married. He thought I would wait a bit. I didn't expect what happen to happen. I got pregnant on our wedding night. It wasn't planned to happen that way but it did. I had a miscarriage. I got pregnant again soon there after. Another surprise I'm pregnant with twins and they are due in February 2013.<br />
You need to talk with your soon-to-be husband about your concerns. But from experience I will tell you that when you are meant to have children, you will have them. Planning is great but life is truly meant to be lived. I am not putting my life on hold just because I'm pregnant and will have children. I'm still doing the things I want to do (within reason). You should also talk to your doctor about another form of birth control.

Best Answer

Why can't you take birth control pills during that time? Depo provera is hormonal birth control that is much stronger than the pill, just take the pill.

Best Answer

A friend of mine went through a similar problem on their honeymoon. They asked their doctor and he said the chances of getting pregnant is very remote. That was how they first got pregnant. Think of it like the weather: The forecast is 1% chance of rain tomorrow. When tomorrow comes, its raining. 1% is still a chance.

Best Answer

you know what, he is a sweetie as he just wants to say the right thing, dont read too much into it, talk to your GP about contraception!

Best Answer