lovelife88 lovelife88 13-15, F 6 Answers Nov 14, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Everyone who cuts does it for attention. You get attention for it one way or the other. You get attention when caught, or attention by hiding it. Usually has nothing to do with suicide, just a very dysfunctional way to deal with things. It is very hard to help people who do this. Usually they have to hit rock bottom and decide that they need to help themselves.

Best Answer

she has tried suicide before, i wouldnt say she does it for attention, i am her only friend her mom doesnt care and her dad is in jail.

Best Answer

This is a very difficult position to be in. Being a good friend without enabling the cutting. This usually does not go away without professional help. Cutting and suicide attempts are usually a way of saying, "I am so miserable and feel as if no one cares. Maybe if I hurt myself, someone will notice. Maybe someone will care. Cause right now I feel as if no one does."

Best Answer

she would never forgive me if i asked someone for help

Best Answer

Your wrong thats what most adults think cause they done understand at all an never been there.

Best Answer

Excuse me, but I cut. And I don't want attention. Yes, there are stupid "emo" kids that do it to fit into that social group. But I never wanted anyone to see the cuts, and I only stopped because when my parents found out they threatened to put me in the psych ward. I'm not crazy, I'm just in pain. I do agree that you have to want to help yourself.

Best Answer

As a cutter myself, all you can do is let her know you're there for her. This is something she has to deal with herself. If you try to interfere, it'll only make things worse and awkward. My best friend has seen my scars, and she never brings them up herself. It's better to just be there. And when she needs you, let her know you're ready to take whatever she can throw at you. The first time I cut myself, I immediately texted my friend about it, who offered support. But don't bring it up for no reason. Only talk about it if she wants to talk about it.

Best Answer

Sometimes people get addicted to the release u feel with cutting cause it helps u deal with all the other pain...thats how I was now I only cut like maybe twice a month. Its hard to just quit but she need professional help. If she done wanna stop then its a waste but she got to want it. I been cutting since I was 9 mostly to escape pain from abuses an getting beat up by bullies an people in foster homes I was in an my stepdad too he was tha worst. But after they adopt me last May I got a therapist shes a dr psychiatrist but she calls herself a therapist.....it really helps, so does EP!

Best Answer

Aww I'm so sorry :( I guess just talk to her, and let her know that people care!

Best Answer

i've tried :'( she doesn't believe me. she just thinks that people want to know to gossip and judge her she has said that she wants to die, shes tried suicide before i feel so useless!

Best Answer

Omg, aww I really wish I could help her! :'(

Best Answer

i wish i knew how to help :'(

Best Answer

You said that she has been let down by a person on here, what happened? :(

Best Answer

she told this guy on here everything, she thought she could trust him and he acted like he cared, im not sure if he did. then he just blocked her and the police came to her house about something that happened to her. she couldnt talk to him about anything and now she feels that he just wanted to know so he could judge her. he might have called the police because he cared but why block her after?

Best Answer

Omg! That's horrible! Do you know it was he who called the police?

Best Answer

yeah. i dont understand how he could just not talk to her after.

Best Answer

Yes! Aww I just want to hug her now! :( I've been suicidal myself and I'm so glad I didn't end my life, so I just feel like this overprotective thing for other people who are suicidal, I just want to tell her it's all going to be fine!

Best Answer

thank you for understanding i really hope she gets better! i cant see her like this anymore :'(

Best Answer

No problem, I really hope that for her, and you, too!

Best Answer

what exactly is wrong ill help if i can message me

Best Answer

I really want to know---is cutting a new fad? Is this the latest thing people do to get attention? Too many kids have too much time on their hands, not enough chores to do and no discipline at home. There were no cutters when I grew up.

Best Answer

she doesn't do it for attention, i'm her only friend. a lot of things have happened to her. have advice for me to help her?

Best Answer

What if she never heard of cutting---what do think would be happening? Her parents have to handle this and she probably needs professional help. Sadly, there's nothing you can do except encourage her to get help.

Best Answer

her dad is in jail and her mom doesn't care. i feel so helpless!

Best Answer

School counselor is probably the one to talk to. Good Luck.

Best Answer

thanks

Best Answer

Cutting is most certainly not a "fad." It's not something you just do for fun or attention. In fact most cutters, like myself, do everything they can to hide the cuts. It's like a drug. We do it to feel better, because we've been through so much. And I'll have you know I am a full time student, and not some lazy kid cutting because they are bored.

Best Answer

Excuse my ignorance--but how can harming yourself make you feel better? Doing something healthy should make you feel better-not the opposite. I am NOT a psychologist so I can only say what I feel is logical. I do know for a fact that some kids do it as the latest fad--almost like tattooing.

Best Answer