Pray for him and do whatever you can to stop him/her and tell them you love them and that suicide is a bitter end they can't imagine, but don't coddle them with loads of attention, they should not be rewarded for attempted murder. Give them positive attention only if they show regret for such an act of terrorism against those closest to them.

Best Answer

Apparently you were not enough to stop him, he need to go for assistance right away, don't just let him waist him self. If your a "friend" you would get him the help, you know how it's done. If he hates you after, that's ok he is alive, it's all that matters.

Best Answer

I did I told a friend and he is a policeofficer they took care of it

Best Answer

Well, I hope it turns out for the best, I would like to hear from you in time that he is still alive and finding himself into a better life.
You did the right thing no matter what happens next.

Best Answer

Attempted suicide is often really a request for attention/care/love, or a misguided attempt to control others. If someone is intent on killing themselves, they will get it done before anyone has a chance to do a thing. The ones that do not get it done are asking for some kind of change in their life, but do not know how to make that change happen. Frustrated and spent, they turn to what they misguidedly believe to be their ultimate and final solution, only to find that death has somehow cheated them, too. <br />
If you are truly friends, just follow your heart, while not allowing their negative behavior to control you, nor influence your emotional state. Talk to them about it, but talk about other stuff, too. Don't make the attempted suicide the primary topic of the conversation, but do not avoid the subject, either. Show them some of the love and attention they so desperately crave, just don't go overboard. The main thing is: Stabilize yourself, first. Before you meet with them, it may be a good idea to focus on how you feel emotionally, and make sure you are tuned up. Try to find a good, centered, calm and grounded place, within you, so if you feel like you are being manipulated through negativity, or that your emotions are running out of control, you have a place to return to, and reclaim your strength. (And, yes, regardless of your faith or belief, prayer and meditation can be a very effective means to achieve this state.) <br />
After doing these things, just go to them, and be a friend, as you were before. No more, no less. If you have questions ask. Just don't allow yourself to get worked up emotionally. No tears, no anger, no pity, no "I'm so glad you're alive" type of stuff. Just be real, and be you, and let them know, without words, that you care, but you are ready to move on, and put this behind you. You can get more detailed with them once they become more emotionally stable, which you should encourage (and you are already doing this by stabilizing yourself, when around them).<br />
Also, it should go without saying, that should they ever threaten or endanger you, or themselves while around you, very calmly, but without hesitation CONTACT THE AUTHORITIES IMMEDIATELY.<br />
I'm sorry that you have to go through this, but it can make everyone involved stronger, with time. I wish you the best, and hope it all works out for the better, for all concerned.

Best Answer

has it been reported. I had a friend do that, he was just exhausted and turned stupid for a bit, but it did require professional help to sort it out

Best Answer

Get them help right away.

Best Answer

Well the first, and most important thing you can do is spend time with your friend.<br />
First off, I'm assuming that your friend is currently going through a lot of negative attention. Freaking parents, doctors, and probably therapy. Your job here is to make your friend as comfortable and aid in recovery from the attempt. <br />
Listen. Don't judge. Don't talk about doing things for attention (a common way to dismiss people who are suicidal). Just listen. Do whatever you can to be supportive. Make sure your friend is getting therapy, and takes it seriously. The therapy can find out what's wrong, and how to fix it.

Best Answer

I agree with dragonsteel. CALL FOR HELP NOW! Be sure you do NOT take responsibility for it. They must accept the responsibility for their own actions/feelings... be loving to them...stay calm... ask ....questions like, "What are you going to do now"? Don't beg or make a big show... let them know you care but you do not like the decision they have made... GET HELP ASAP! Call law enforcement! Just do it...do not ask permission.

Best Answer

Tell an adult and then go find a less depressing friend.

Best Answer