I think 12 yo is a good age to start earning some money by mowing yards, shoveling snow,or other chores they can do. Kids need to learn responsibility and accountability to start out as good citizens. It is up to us parents to instill those values in them.

Best Answer

One of the biggest problems facing our country has to do with our youth not knowing how to work and by well meaning citizens thereby instilling in them an entitlement mentality. Work and responsibility are things that can only be taught by working and having responsibility for things. There was a time when these were considered virtues

Best Answer

The neighbor should mind his/her own business. <br />
However, using a power lawn mower can be dangerous and should be supervised by an adult. I've been doing yard chores all of my life, but my dad instilled in me a great respect for machines that can potentially maim and kill. Sometimes, just running over a stone or some debris with a lawn mower can hurt someone. It's especially dangerous on hills.

Best Answer

Who's lawn was mowed? Your friend's or the neighbor's.

Best Answer

It was my friend's lawn.

Best Answer

I can imagine only a few good reasons that the neighbor would chastise your friend. Most of these reasons have to do with reasonable safety concerns. What type of mower was used? was there a steep grade and was the grass wet? Was your friend physically present to help if there were an accident? Is this individual child physically capable enough to safely operate the equipment? These factors are to be considered and you have not provided these details. I am all for kids helping with family chores and this could be a nosey neighbor. However this could be a concerned neighbor willing to speak up about a dangerous situation.

Best Answer

Why? because the kid wasn't mowing the lawn at a younger age?

Best Answer

What is wrong with some work n responsibility?? What is up with these people whom don't teach their kids life skills cooking cleaning yard work..etc...there the ones who deserve ridicule

Best Answer