i'm not talking about myself.
charlie248 charlie248 36-40, F 13 Answers Jun 27, 2012

define life... <br />
define cruel... <br />
"why is life so cruel to people" <br />
because it's an unpredictable force <br />
not God, but life <br />
life, or nature can't be confined to humanity's definition of cruel. <br />
you make the mistake that life is fair <br />
one of my favourite quotes is this, <br />
"The world doesn't owe you anything, it was here first" <br />
You can't expect the forces of nature, of energy, of physics to bend to an individual. <br />
Life sucks sometimes <br />
life is amazing sometimes <br />
you have no control over what life gives you <br />
but don't for a second feel that it isn't cruel to everyone, life is balanced on a whole, so of 7 billion people, there is gonna be a lot of cruelty. <br />
the only cruelty you can control is how you treat others. <br />
God's existence has nothing to do with it.

Best Answer

thank so for such a considered answer :) please know, my use of the phrase 'my god' was simply my using a phrase. also i'd like you to know my question was an emotional one based upon a person's stories. So, sad..... Thank you again :)

Best Answer

don't worry, I understand, I've just been battling a lot of demons recently and found myself asking the same question you posed so I thought I would let someone else know how I viewed the question. Thanks for asking the question.

Best Answer

Life is cruel, those people keep getting up. I wonder if someone bothered by the fact that life is cruel would have that strength? Life is cruel to people that an handle it, those that can't either have an easy life or die.

Best Answer

didn't entirely follow, but cheers for your answer :)

Best Answer

Because we all star in God's favorite sitcom. We are monkeys pulling pratfalls for his amusement, and our questioning our collective fate is akin to a chimp trying to work a pair of vice-grips.

Best Answer

you make sense to me, thanks for your reply

Best Answer

It is to some and not for others.

Best Answer

that's true, yes. which makes the random cruelty even more cruel...

Best Answer

God says it's because you're all a**holes and he hates you...

Best Answer

wow, god's actual representative and speaker, right here on ep!!! :)

Best Answer

God says he wants 10 EP tokens for answering your question...

Best Answer

lmao!!!!

Best Answer

Cruelty is an ambiguous and human defined term, we see much of nature as cruel, where it is just a natural process, humans can be cruel to each other certainly. That depends on psychology and not a deity.. forthere is no god. If you happen to be a believer, prove to me god. Just in general ans the answer to your question will become clear.

Best Answer

thank you for your answer, i used the term 'my god' in a secular manner. I'm not a believer.

Best Answer

Oh good, someone rational. Life is not cruel, it is a thinly veiled set of cause and effects laced with a little chaos. But Ill leave you with this and I know you will keep it well. I is better to light a candle then to curse the dark.

Best Answer

The gods do it for a reason, to set these people on the right path. Sometimes it takes blessings, other times it takes pain. Sometimes the pain is a blessing in disguise. Either way, all cruelty in life is for one reason or another.

Best Answer

i dont believe in a god or gods, but thank you for answering :)

Best Answer

Sometimes things just go wrong, but most often life is what you make it.

Best Answer

that ain't necessarily so, my friend.

Best Answer

Okay I guess you didn't catch it the first time. I said "Sometimes things just go wrong, but most often life is what you make it."

Best Answer

You have a real hard time not seeing what you want, don't you?

Best Answer

take a bath or go for a walk or something, no need to get your knickers in a twist........jeez....

Best Answer

Stop being cheeky, you asked a serious question, do you want serious answers from serious people or do you want garbage from a bunch of jokers. Your call.

Best Answer

you're a sad little man, i'm sick of over aggressive people like you. Take a hike, dude...

Best Answer

I'm a sad little man? I'm not the one asking why the world has to be so cruel. You asked a question and I gave you the best answer there is, you twisted what I said so I corrected you, then you insult me, so I cut you down to size. You brought this on yourself, I'm guessing like many things in your life. Take my advice, best of luck.

Best Answer

if you'd read my question properly, you'd have seen i wasn't referring to myself.........numpty!!!

Best Answer

through adversity comes strength<br />
he/she who has never suffered has never lived

Best Answer

meaningless, meaningless.......just words

Best Answer