irishknight1973 irishknight1973 36-40, M 8 Answers Nov 8, 2012 in EP

Way to go. It's an oasis in bad economic times. Take advantage of the GI Bill and get your education on Uncle Sam.

Best Answer

I think the military can be a good fit for some people. My cousin joined the Marines and volunteered for two tours of duty in Iraq. I always thought he was kind of a wimp but the Marines definitely made a man out of him. <br />
It's not for everybody but if it's what he wants then good for him.

Best Answer

Congratulations to him... I did more than 10 years in the CG... My opinion is that you get out of it what you put into it...

Best Answer

It is a good way to get a start, through your adult live. There are many educational benefits, both academic, and technical/trades. It will make a good career, if he likes it.<br />
My military technical training has supported me well, through out my life. I have drawn a total of 5 unemployment checks, in my entire life. All of my employment has been above average pay, for my skills. He will have veterans benefits after seperation (medical, and home loan guarantees). I expect obummer to roll the medical into obummercare.<br />
I am now retired, and would do the same over again, if starting from that age.

Best Answer

It's good, as long as he realizes he might be signing up for a four year stretch as a janitor. Recruiters usually don't mention that part.

Best Answer

If he has good scores on his AQE tests, his options are much better than that.

Best Answer

Agreed, but you never know. He belongs to them.

Best Answer

myself i think the military is great you can make it your career but i also find if you didnt drink when you joined you will before your time is up

Best Answer

I tried the Army but have foot problems dangit.

Best Answer