We moved in with them before but they were so disrespectful we had to move out twice. I live in a tiny house shed but can manage without anyone, i just wanted some support because i want to go back to school.
snoopy5345 snoopy5345 22-25 12 Answers Nov 23, 2013 in Family Struggles

Why would your husband subject himself and the children to this situation? Why doesn't he want to find a way to take care of his family himself? Or if he does, maybe it is time to do so.<br />
Maybe your mother doesn't feel that she should have to take care of an adult man, two children and yourself when you should be managing your own family yourselves? It is not fair to ask that of her... You are an adult. Think about being in her shoes... <br />
Consider finding a solution where your husband can step up, you can manage independently, and she will respect you and your husband for your independence and be proud of you! Maybe you can take classes part time, work part time, have your mom babysit, but don't expect her to house your family. Standing on your own two feet, even during hard times is important.

Best Answer

I completely agree with you :). But yea i live on land currently in a tiny house. it needs renovations he is taking to long to fix. So in a way i wana leave him and move in with my mom at the same time. cant have the cake and eat it to. i need to make a decision bc i cant go on living with a man who wont do MORE.

Best Answer

i mean i want to stay with him for my family and leave him at the same time.

Best Answer

That sounds really confusing, why would you stay with him just to have him renovate your house? If you don't love him, then why should he? Maybe it's time to figure out what to do about your marriage first. The house is secondary. I would see a counselor.

You can do the renovations yourself too!... Why expect that of him? If you were a team, you should be doing that together. It sounds like you just want him to do it all and I don't know if that is fair. Does he work? Do you? There are plenty of women who do renovation work and do it well! Or investigate habitat for humanity or other similar organizations! You can donate some of your time in exchange for receiving help on your house.

Either way, you need to do some work yourself... No one can answer these questions except for you. Work on solving what you want to do with your marriage, work on what you want to do to fix your house, your schooling ( maybe study contracting? Or carpentry? So you can get your house done and learn a trade at the same time!) and how you can take care of your children with or without him, but don't drag your mother into it or expect her to fix things for you. That is not her place or responsibility. I'm sure she will be supportive but you need to stand on your own. Maybe that helps?

Best Answer

So I understand...You are married AND want to continue being so? Take out a school loan, apply for financial aid and grants...Many for mothers that want to better their education...JUST DO SOMETHING TO AVOID HAVING TO MOVE YOUR FAMILY IN WITH YOUR FAMILY.

Best Answer

the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result... ? so you do the math...

Best Answer

This whole situation sounds like a nightmare. Good luck with that, think hard on it before committing.

Best Answer

yea it is worst than u think...theres alot more to this story.

Best Answer

I'm sure of it. Good luck and be well.

Best Answer

By the way, what problem does your mother have with your husband if you don't mind sharing? Is it something that can be worked on or is it beyond compensation?

Best Answer

Don't put your marriage into jeopardy. Your kids deserve a happy warm family.

Best Answer