My husband and I have been separated for 7 weeks (almost 2 months). I kicked him out because he was on the phone with another woman. Since then our relationship has been off and on. For the most part he goes days without calling me and I am always initiating contact. He says that if he returns home he will feel like a "boy" and less than a man because I threw him out, make more money, and all of the things here were mine before we were married. He says he loves me and still cares but has mixed emotions. He says he is willing to try counseling and we have an appointment to go in 2 weeks. Has anyone ever experienced this? Is there any hope for reconciliation or should I just move on? I love my husband and I have treated him mean in the past by saying hurtful things. Since then, Ive really been trying to show all of my effort that I need him to come home. We recently lost a child and have been through a lot of pain in a short while. We have been married 2.5 years and both early 30's.
IamShariD IamShariD 31-35 9 Answers Feb 9, 2013 in Marriage

Try the counseling..both of you are still grieving and counseling will help get some feelings out. It's a good sign that you both are willing to try...Best of luck :)

Best Answer

Go to counseling and give your relationship a try especially if both of you are willing to work it out.<br />
It's hard when you lose a child. I think you need healing at the same time.

Best Answer

In all honesty,the best thing you can do in the longrun is to leave him alone..Myself and a former partner lost an infant,and much as we were drawn back to each other because of our shared loss,every time we looked at each other it just brought it all back..Have some time with absolutely no contact,see if the love for one another is still there..

Best Answer

Go with him and find out what reconciliation is all about.

Best Answer

Try it if you both love each other and willing to give it a go, it's only counselling, you never know

Best Answer

sure, there's hope, if you both want it. Hard work, but with the right therapist hard work is not as hard.

Best Answer

You both definitely could benefit from counseling. Did you go through any grief counseling? I wish you the best.

Best Answer