Aloneforling Aloneforling 26-30 17 Answers Jan 7, 2013 in Marriage

I would never put up with physical abuse.

Best Answer

YES!!! I have a father who verbally abuses my mum...and sometimes hits her.

He degrades me in a lot of ways....

Some people don't get a divorce, preferring to stay together "for the children"

But let me tell you. I'd rather my parents get divorced....

There's nothing worse than living with parents who constantly argue/shout

I'm envious of those whose parents are divorced.

Do it for you kids....get a divorce. Better that than having a unhappy life.

And if you don't have kids yet...even the better to leave

Best Answer

Only if you are ready to.

Best Answer

My recommendation is that if you are in a culture where domestic violence against women is tolerated and you find yourself in a relationship with an abuser is to seek asylum at a foreign embassy. Canada may allow you to seek asylum there since staying in your own country leaves you in fear for your life from your husband. The United States has, at best, a spotty history of granting asylum to victims of domestic abuse from cultures that tolerate it. I don't know how likely any respective nation is to grant you asylum, but Canada and Britain are worth a shot. If anybody finds a country that usually grants asylum to victims of domestic violence (more than half the time say), please post.

Best Answer

Not if you love being abused and miserable!!! Just stay with him, and keep telling urself "He will change".

OR...Do what ur heart has already told you and why ur asking the this question. Good luck...

Best Answer

Absolutely!!!!! if he does not shape up, knock it all off gets professional help and REHAB!

Best Answer

In my opinion, any woman that is physically abused by her husband should leave today. It seems to become a never ending cycle in which she could be in real danger of her life.

Best Answer

Drinking heavy is a common problem but it stems from him and his choices. He is a weak man if he resorted to it and is abusive to try to get his point across. These are the worst kind of people because they refuse to admit to them selves they are the biggest issue they have in their own lives. You can't and have no responsibility to fix him. He choose his actions on his own and his way of life. You have NO obligation to stay with someone who can't and won't take care of them selves.

Best Answer

Yes! Especially if your being abused!

Best Answer

Hi
But in my culture divorce is considered worse then death
Is there any way I can change him

Best Answer

I'm sorry but I don't have an resolution for that. 8/ Maybe stand up for yourself? Show him your rights?

Best Answer

Do you think that he takes advantage of the fact that divorce is looked down upon in your culture and that's why he abuses you? I was with an abusive husband also but after I had a dream that "I killed him." I knew I had to get out immediately and I have never looked back since..

Best Answer