Leave before he starts hitting, punching, and kicking you. The longer you stay with an abusive person, the more permission you give them to abuse you.

Best Answer

I would totally leave until he get's help. I used to have an angry side but I never called my wife names. I didn't EVER direct it at her.<br />
I had an experience that woke me up. He needs to find a center. A place of calm. IF this anger progresses things could get worse. The Mountains cured me and I have felt more alive than ever. He needs something to focus on besides the horrors and the stresses of life.<br />
Control freak?

Best Answer

Listen to musically...he speaks the truth. I needed him 17 years ago. I am still in my verbal/emotional abusive quagmire relationship and I can tell you IT DOES NOT CHANGE. They will make promises, admit they have a problem, ask for help, say "you took me there", warn you, say "that just how I am. Quit being so soft", It WILL NEVER CHANGE. So go info it knowing that. Know also that will erode everything good about you that made you you, until one day you are so worn down that you don't recognize yourself. Know that this hurts your family too, your decision to stay with an abusive partner affects them. No parent deserves that. You are no hero staying with an abuser. There is no prize. Know that too. Instead you are wasting your time, worrying the people that love you AND reinforcing the idea in his head that this behaviour is acceptable. I am telling you this because it's 17 years for me nd it would have been a million times easier to leave in the beginning as it will be now AND I would have had a better life. GET OUT. You are only failing yourself by staying. Oh, ten hours ago my dh yelled at me instead of discussing a minor matter (as always) called me the "C" word over and over while throwing pillows (yeah sounds silly and harmless) and began to grab me roughly until I reminded him I was 23 weeks pregnant. This our first baby, I had four miscarriages in our past together. I have a chronic anxiety problem, I cry all the time and I look at other people and wonder how they are so happy. GET OUT<br />
UPDATE<br />
Husband just lost his high paying job for threatening a co-worker. We have lost our insurance. I am pregnant. I do not yet know if he is eligible for COBRA, and my work has open enrollment in October for 2014 coverage. It is a MESS. All because he has a temper. This relationship is so completely not worth it, it never has been and never will be. Just fyi...leave early not nearly 20 years later.

Best Answer

I just read your story how are you?

Best Answer

It seems like everyone is saying abuse always escalates from verbal to perhaps physical. Maybe that's the norm, but my husband struggled with addiction for years and was intermittently physically and verbally abusive during drunken rages. I did eventually leave him, later than I should have. <br />
I had him arrested and after that he stopped drinking "cold turkey" for fear of pressed charges. He suffered for about 10 days from <br />
severe withdrawal. About a year and a half later he also quit smoking. I stayed i still loved him and because of the massive effort <br />
to change he pursued. <br />
After over three years of sobriety he doesn't drink, smoke, or consume any caffeinated beverage, but he is still verbally abusive and sensitive to any type of constructive criticism. Since he quit drinking, all the motivation to move forward in terms of employment left him. He acts like I stole his manhood and he's a resentful little boy. He sits by the computer all day chatting on the net and spends the last 20 min doing a chaotic job of washing up dishes, while leaving the counters filthy and the rest of the kitchen a total disaster. As long as the dishes are sitting in an array, ready to fall out of the drying rack, he thinks he's done a wondrous dead worthy of applause. If I say differently about anything he flies into a rage and calls me every bad name a man <br />
can say to demean, deba<x>se and shame a woman until I agree I'm all the bad things he says I am. This happens 2-3 times a month. After it's over he pretends nothing happened or that I abused him. That I castrate him. <br />
It's hard to leave because it takes so much time, effort and money. He has to do nothing initially and I would have to do everything, including get the cash together that's going toward all our bills. He'd suspect what was going on the minute something didn't get paid, the finances are that close. A lot of that is because he won't work. I'm supporting everything on one salary. It's a decent salary, but I'm paying everything including taxes, car, house insurance, etc: the full boat. I'm so humiliated. Too old to move in with a coworker. They'd just gossip. I have no family.<br />
It's a dilemma. He knows I'm stuck. It hurts. I wonder how he can say he loves me and call me such vile names. The physical abuse hurt less.

Best Answer

Name calling is a form of verbal insults, the purpose is to make you feel worthless. Abusive people enjoy it.

Best Answer

tell him you are not a dog and even to a dog thatwou;ld be abuse to stop it or leave

Best Answer

All of the advice that others have written here seems very good to me. If he doesn't respect you, then there is little hope for this relationship to be anything other than miserable for you. And in your situation, I would get out while I could. If you don't yet have children with this man, then thank your lucky stars and try to get loose before he has demeaned you so much that you can't think straight. <br />
There is an excellent book- "Why Does He Do That?" by Lundy Bancroft that you can find on Amazon. It is written by a man who has spent many years working with males who are abusive, emotionally or physically. I wish I had had this book a little over a year ago when I was falling for an abusive person. It will help you understand the guy and to make good decisions for your situation. Even more, it will help you see beyond your feelings and hurt to how you should view the situation.<br />
All my best.

Best Answer

You need to let him know that isn't acceptable and if he continues you will leave.

Best Answer

I am sorry for your situation...As a mother to a teenage daughter I can only tell you what I would tell her...You are so much better than that...To be in a relationship with anyone who would degrade you or try to belittle you in any way is not LOVE....The person who would do something like that is a very insecure person...I know it's tough to just walk away when it's your husband and obviously I don't know your circumstances, but I will tell you that your anger will only grow to the point of pure hatred if you don't change things now...You are so young with your entire life ahead of you, do so happily...Not depressed by an abusive husband...<br />
I know that I would never insult or call a loved one names out of respect, that is just me...I wish you the best of luck in your situation...Listen to that gut feeling you get when this happens...What is it telling you?

Best Answer

First of all, you don't deserve to be yelled at like that. Tell him so and if he continues record it and play it back later so he can see how he speaks to you. On the issue of the traffic ticket, he has a right to have a say if you share finances. Not only is there an increased cost because of the ticket, it could raise your insurance rate as well. If I were involved with you and you did not take it to court, I would have separate finances from you as well. Again, your irresponsibility is no excuse for him to treat you this way, but i can see the reason for his frustration.

Best Answer

Thanks for the comment. That's a good idea about the recording thing. I see that he has a right to suggest I go fight the ticket. But during that time I was working about 50 - 60 hours a week (now it's back to normal) and I made a decision that my work was more important (because of long term financial benefits ect) than trying to fight a traffic ticket in court which might take hours and which I might not even win. So I agree he has a say in that, but I feel like he should understand when I tell him my situation (i.e. I make more money working than the cost of this traffic ticket and have a lot of important stuff to finish right now). It just really does not seem like something worthy of yelling and insulting me for. I honestly didn't think I was being irresponsible there. I weighed the pros and cons of trying to fight it during an extremely busy work period and decided not to. I feel like that is my choice (although he has a say, it is primarily my choice). Also it does not go towards insurance because it was a red light camera ticket so they can't prove who the driver is. But thanks for the comments. I appreciate them...

Best Answer

I am suffering horribly with a man who is a lawyer. He continually makes me feel like I am crazy or losing my mind. I ask him questions. Or he asks me why didnt I call him when I know that I did and I know he knows I did in the age of I Phones which he has and he will berate me saying YOU DID NOT. I know I did, but he will interrupt me and I am defensive and I shouldn't have to be. He then interrogates me pumping me with questions when he gets back from a trip because an electrical appliance of his is not working-a humidifier in the ba<x>sement asking me "are you sure you didn't touch it" like I am a child. I am 49 He is 62. He is short tempered. If I say something like well Maybe if you turn it off and try to turn it back on in a few minutes it will work. ask him "well how long has it been running?" He is really means and then says, "Well how the hell should I know as if it is the stupidest question in the world. I want to hang up but I freeze and feel like I am going to faint. Today I was supposed to drive him to the airport, but I wanted to take a walk around the block for exercise. I left a message on his cell phone. He would not answer his cell when I called to let him know. When I got home he was in my home. We are not boyfriend and girlfriend. He does not live with me. I asked him if he had listened to my messages? He said no. I said did you hear your cell ring see that I called. He said the phone was in my pocket. I said you "couldn't answer your phone?" He said I was driving. I said--But you thought it was ok to just come in my house and not check to see why I called before coming in? He said just get out of my car! So I got out. He knew I called. He refused to answer. He talks all the time on the cell with people while he drives. I am just having a difficult time understanding why he making me feel like I am crazy and why I feel so depressed and upset. He shuts me up constantly. He is the only person that makes me feel this way.

Best Answer

leave .just leave.

Best Answer

I've just come out of a 4 year on/off verbally abusive relationship, and am slowly coming out of the 'fog'. My boyfriend was the loveliest, most charming, most loving man in the world - until I corrected or criticised him in any way. He would get in my face, yelling like a drill sargeant, calling me names and somehow afterwards act like nothing had happenned, and told me to get over it and 'stop being a victim'. I'm an independent confident woman with my own business, and I became a shadow of myself, always trying to please him. Trust me - he wil not change. Ask yourself this question - are you OK to live the rest of your life like this? The longer you stay the harder it is to leave, you believe its your fault. Trust me its not. Leave now!

Best Answer

@hellybobs... I too own my own business and am very confident at work. When I get home it all changes. I try as little as possible to not make my husband mad for fear of making him angry. We have two boys ages 11 and 7 and he often yells at them calling them names when they don't do what he says in a timely manner. I have been married 19 years and wonder if he will ever even see things differently. I am scared to leave for fear of his parents and him saying lies about me. I wonder and worry about my kids wanting to live with their dad if I do divorce... I'm too the point that I don't know what to do or say that wont set him off :(.

Best Answer

This is my same experience and we started counseling of course he believed I was the one that needed it so I didn't make him so angry. The counselor said all of the over the top nice stuff wasn't him. It simply was his anxiety and insecurities masking his true self and the angry was from the same place in him. Unfortunately since getting married there isn't any more of the sweet caring guy it's all yelling.

Best Answer

Explosive anger is a great big red flag for an Abuser. Run for the hills, lady. If you can't do that, get to your closest woman's support group for Domestic Violence. <br />
DV is 95% emotional and verbal abuse. The abuse is used to control the victim. Angry blowups are a classic way to scare the victim into doing what they want them to do. Then the victim gets into the habit/mindset of I need to do what he says or he will get angry. Sometimes they do it so they can purposefully start a fight. It is quite exhausting to live with, and this is just the tip of the iceberg. <br />
Remember, he will be very nice at other times, otherwise why did you marry him, right? But it is just a cover for all of the anger he will be directing at you.

Best Answer

What are his parents like? I am an 49 yo man married to a woman 16 years my junior. I had a long military career and have a good second career. I find she is easily angered and frustrated at my thought processes and actions. I am not a reactive person, let her blow, usually just walk away when she finishes her rant and control what ever anger I feel.<br />
I, like you, wonder if this is what it is going to be... Make a decision and stick to your guns.

Best Answer

I lived like this until I tired of my children seeing him hit me and say nasty things to me in front of them. Leave, get a divorce before you have children. He will only get worse. They never get better. He does not deserve you. LEAVE.

Best Answer

Sit down with him when he is calm and tell him frankly DO NOT DEMEAN ME ANYMORE! You have no right to make me feel bad about myself. If you cannot control your temper then I will find another guy that can behave like a grown up! Next time you yell at me I will give you a warning and then it's out the door and I may or may not come back. Be very stern and follow up with your threats if it does happen again. Good luck, a grown man who would yell at you does not deserve you. Keep several hundred dollars for expenses and a credit card in your name and account for emergencies. Never let a man verbally abuse you, women are stronger in most ways.

Best Answer

Its called verbal abuse what youre doing is called making excuses at some point it most likely will end in physical abuse its pretty obvious. Sad that many women like you don't think they deserved to be treated better posting online wont help you if you wont follow thru with advice.. So why are you even asking?

Best Answer

Learn why your husband gets mad and everything else about the normal natural Egoity response. Everyone gets upset sometimes when there are disagreements or beliefs are threatened. Egoity responses are simply warnings like smoke alarms. Learn how to tame Egoity by understanding its cause and purpose. Learn more at TheResentmentDumpers dot com.

Best Answer

I've never heard such a bunch of bleeding-heart canned psychology possibly in my entire life.<br />
Fact is, you are with this man because of (as you said) qualities you admire. With those good qualities are bound to be some bad ones. Yelling? What's wrong with yelling, or a verbal fight between friends, let alone lovers? Why not yell back, or leave the room until he calms down? Is there just maybe there is A SLIGHT CHANCE that what "was completely his fault" might NOT be, and that in fact that was precisely what the fight was about? I'll bet he yells at himself when he does something stupid, too.<br />
My point is EVEYBODY fights and EVERYBODY calls each other names, whether OUT LOUD or not. What makes a realtionship is the ability to not just walk out on the situation when the crap hits the fan. Fight it out.<br />
PS: I assume NO PHYSICAL violence toward you was the case. You should never tolerate that, but otherwise, FIGHT IT OUT, that is what makes you dignified. Or heck, at least tell him how you feel on the way out.

Best Answer

Hello people on this forum or website , am just an over exerting person today for what this great man call DR ABULU of abuluspiritualtemple@yahoo com has just done in my marital life .and i will like you on this forum to help me in thanking he because for the past two years my husband Micheal has been cheating on me with a Russian lady and this has couse the family a lot of problems and our baby Evonne where the one perpetual taking the pain because at this time my husband don't normally come home to ask after the child or care to provide what the child needed so with all this problems i was not happy in my marriage and i started going for different kind of marriage cancelling and looking for solution every where not until this faithful day when i was browsing on the internet i saw a testimony shared by miss Michell from Australia about this DR ABULU of abuluspiritualtemple@yahoo com and i as-lo contacted he for help and that was how he gave me some instructions and and i followed what ever he told me and i was surprise when he said to me go my child for all will be fine in 24 hours .and within the 24 hours i actually received a call from my husband who has not called me for some months now asking after the child and i . and that was how was the end of my marriage problems . so this is why i promise to testify to the whole world about this man DR ABULU and if any is also depress with such problems contact he and you will also find success <br />
bye <br />
NORA

Best Answer

Try to get him to turn is anger toward something good.

Best Answer