i want to know if you think trust can be earned ?after being let down?
1prettygirl 1prettygirl 36-40, F 18 Answers Nov 19, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

Once lost, trust is very hard to regain, there is always that nagging doubt. Broken promises are a sign of lack of commitment and integrity, along with trust, they speak of a lack of character and I doubt that he will ever change. I wish it wasn't so, but in most cases, that is the basic truth. Only you can decide if you should go or stay, but at what price? Can you just forget about everything that has happened? Will you do so again in the future if his actions don't change? I feel that if I was in your shoes I would leave, for my sake as well as the children's, but again, that is for you to decide. Good luck and know that we, your friends, here on EP are here for you if you need us.

Best Answer

I think time will help you make the right decision.........

Best Answer

There is alot of sage advice here. I will leave you with some questions...in having to compromise, do you feel that you are sacrificing your personal integrity? Do you make a line in the sand, and then erase and move it? Have you done this more than once? Does he make promises and then get angry when you call him on it? does he ever intimidate you?

Best Answer

My husband has broke my trust. We were married 18 months ago and it's one thing after another that he continues to do to break my trust. He has done nothing to earn my trust, and I honestly doubt it will ever come. I'm actually at the point of questioning if I should leave.<br />
This is my 2nd marriage and I do not want to have another failed marriage, even if it isn't because of me. <br />
Do you want to be with him still? Or do you want to leave?

Best Answer

oh hun,i ve been married 3 yrs and my 2nd marriage also,i feel like a ******* failure!

Best Answer

If you know for sure he hasn't cheated; then let him earn your trust. I don't think broken promises, and making bad choices are part of trust. It's more about disappointments. maybe you should give it more time, and see how things go

Best Answer

thank u!!!!!

Best Answer

trust has to be earned that is a fact but we all make bad decisions the thing I would consider is does he try and make up for these bad choices or does he let things go at I make mistakes deal with it ?

Best Answer

Well, have you been perfect?

Best Answer

no but i have not lied

Best Answer

If you don't trust him, what is the point staying in the marriage? Marriage needs being ba<x>sed on trust for both.

Best Answer

Have you ever ended a friendship because they lied or broke a promise?

Best Answer

what does friendship have to do w/ marriage?

Best Answer

No one is perfect, you can't expect to go through your whole life not being lied to or be let down every now and then. When you marry, you're suppose to work things out. He hasn't cheated (at least not that you know of), don't be so hard on him. Unless they were very big lies or something hardcore. If you were able to forgive a friend for lying or letting you down before, you should do the same with him. You won't ever last "forever" in a marriage if you can't learn to forgive him when he makes mistakes. And he should do the same for you.

Best Answer

thank u ,very wise advice:)

Best Answer

Thanks, I try haha I just hate divorces.. Don't become another statistic! (:

Best Answer

i hate divorce too.My parents will be married 37 yrs next month

Best Answer

depends on the person.

Best Answer

meaning?

Best Answer

some people are more trustworthy than others

Best Answer

i'd have to know the guy to make a decision

Best Answer

Self trust is essence of all and it is in u

Best Answer

Just because a few wrong choices and promises have been broken you have lost trust in him, what type trust do u have, your trust is of no value

Best Answer