he wants to raise them vegetarian and I do not. what is healthier?
SummerWind18 SummerWind18 26-30, F 17 Answers Nov 22, 2009

neither...especially for your nervous system

(i mean arguing ) can you agree in the middle grounds...like half vegetarian...like eat chicken on weekends...lol

Best Answer

I was raised vegetarian; I eat eggs, cheese and I drink milk. I am a healthy weight and I am really physically active...

and I have friends who were raised on beef and we have the same activity level they are just as healthy. So I don't think the answer lies in diet alone- genetics and exercise play a huge part...

Best Answer

There is no argument, really. Meat is the unhealthiest thing we eat. It is where all dangerous food poisoning comes from. A diet too high in protein can damage the liver like alcohol. Your children will be much, much healthier on a vegetarian diet.

Best Answer

Best adivce for u and ur husban, I know ur not a vegetarian so why not make a compromise and let ur kids choice to try real meat and then let them try like vegetarian meals like soy burgers. Whatever they like most then let them choose what they wanna be a vegetarian or a meat eater.

Best Answer

If he is vegan that is really quite harmful to children. They need to at least eat fish and chicken. If he is a so-so vegetarian, they will get plenty of protein in eggs and cheeses. Like they said, compromise and fix them a meat dish once a week. I am not vegetarian but eat very little meat. It is a healthy diet as long as you get enough protein for muscles.

Best Answer

Im thinking your child should be exsposed to both just lay off any of the real obvious bad nasty yummy things like resus peanutbutter cups and almond joys.

Best Answer

Too loveing parents who love one another enogh to compramise,

Best Answer

Expose them to both....I assume, that your not being vegan, doesn't mean you want to fill them up with junk food....but, lean meats offer a lot of nutrition....

I'm a vegan, who eats cheese, milk and fish....(was not raised vegan)....your husband has the right to show your kids the health benefits of being vegan, but you have the same right, to offer them a healthy diet, which includes meat....

Best Answer

You might solve your dilemma if you read Eat Right 4 Your Type by Dr. Peter JD'Adamo...it could help you a bit. Children need different things, than adults, but I understand where your husband is coming from, however this book may enlighten both of you further if you are interested. Because they are children, and you are the guides for them in life, maybe you can hit a happy medium, but do try checking into that book, it enlightened me as a vegetarian to what might be why I was better off with more greens and yet some protein as well depending on your blood type.:)

Best Answer

They can both be equally as healthy if balanced right. Maybe a compromise is in order???? You could take turns, every other day vegetarian and the next day not. The kids will grow up knowing both and they can choose. Takes the worry out of not getting enough protien and they get more veggies too. A win win situation.

Best Answer