My husband is complaining of not having enough physical intimacy. We were intimate two nights ago. He woke me up the next night (well morning at 3:30). I had just gone to bed at 1:30 from working all day (5am -12:45 after midnight) I told him I was so sorry and that I could not move. Since then we are threatening a divorce, yelling and it%u2019s getting really ugly. I love my husband, but it seems he cares nothing about the health of the company, as I have to put in so many hours. In addition, I have fibromuscular dysplasia, and have my tubes tied. So my sex drive is down, I%u2019m always sick,and constantly praying and asking GOD for healing. What do I do?welcome=t3
nikki123 nikki123 31-35 11 Answers Dec 4, 2008

sorry but your husband needs to grow up an join the real world.life aint a bed of romance an lust evn in the best of times.no way would i ever put up with a man waking me up for sex,nowing how .porrly i felt,overworked etc.no way.its disrepsectful.you tell him,dont shout just tell him.you dont have to feel bad for sticking up for yourself.yeah men need ,they say more sex.well whatever,tell him to go an mastubate more!

Best Answer

wow you are in a scary relationship if he is threatening divorce over this. However it sounds to me like he is extremely frustrated because he has certain expectations about what I sex life is supposed to look like- and his needs are different from yours. You may be able to get somewhere if you seek out a counselor on this issue so that you can understand each other. The divorce threat may be because he is panicking in frustration and/or fear and there might be other issues going on that he isn't able to articulate to you.

Best Answer

I have to say that I think there are more things going on here than what you've described. IMHO, there have to be more going on than what you've told us. I find it really hard to believe that just over sex he suddenly wants a divorce. That's just even too insensitive for words.<br />
However, that said, I have a disease that I am suffering from, and my husband and I are finding it hard to be intimate, because I am often sick and very tired. I suspect you two don't spend enough time communicating, and that is probably the root of your problem. I would really recommend you get help in trying to resolve this, or your marriage probably will end up on the chopping block.<br />
I would recommend you seek a marriage counselor, someone who is trained to help open up communication in a non-threatening manner. You can discuss your disease, why you feel so tired, and how difficult it is for you to work, maintain a home, and still attend to BOTH of your needs. Because you also need time for intimacy, don't even try to pretend you don't, or you'll be lying to yourself. And you may just lose your marriage. I suspect that's not what you want here.<br />
You may also want to consider some sort of FMLA leave. If it's your business, seriously consider hiring someone else to help out, and take a step back. You need to take care of you and your family right now. I suspect this is coming to a head because you have neglected too much, and things are going to continue to fall apart until you do something about it.<br />
Your health, physical, mental, spiritual, they are the most important right now. Deal with them. Don't worry as much about everything else. It'll all fall into place. But you've got to take care of you. And your family.<br />
*hugs* And good luck.

Best Answer

wow yr sick n he does that!!

Best Answer

I think he is not a great man, just a mere male. I am so sorry. :(

Best Answer

im sorry ... well your husband is feeling rejected, but doesnt understand that you are tried... or maybe you havent been feeling the whole sex thing for awhile and he is starting to get tired of being rejected.... <br />
at times i can be on the other end of the stick... i love having sex with my husband but get rejected alot because he says he is so tired or blah blah blah... but if he would not watch south park late into the night and get some rest then maybe he would want 2 have sex the next day... rejection sucks even if you dont realizing that you are doing it... but i dont know your life so

Best Answer

Sounds to me like you may have deeper problems and the sex issue is how it's being manifested. You both have needs and have to be sesitive to each other. With you working such long hours, you have very little time to work on your marriage. Unless you find time for that, you and him will continue to argue rather than communicate.

Best Answer

Well if it was me I'd get a divorce, but it's your decision. What kind of jerk wakes you up in the middle of the night to beg for sex?

Best Answer

I have been in the same situation and it sucks. You want to please your husband but you are so physically drained that you can't! Men forget how hard life is for women, especially working mothers. But as much as it sucks, he is your husband and honestly sex is a part of marraige no matter how you feel. So what I do is I make sure that it remains exciting and not a chore. You know? Every time I have a minute and a little extra energy I take full advantage of it. If my daughter is home I turn on a DVD and "take a shower" or if we are alone I just jump on him. Take advantage of every moment. You may enjoy it more than you think! And you husband will defintly like it. I know you said you are sick so remenber your health is first so don't force yourself to do it. No man is worth your health! But really-give it a try on the days that you are feeling good!

Best Answer