My husband of 8 months is mean and jealous of my 14 month old son. I met my husband after I conceived my son. We are both Christians, and I became very involved with the church while I was pregnant. While we were dating he portrayed himself as a strong Christian leader, which he is not. He said he could support us, which he has not. Additionally, he is unloving, jealous and mean. He gets mad at him when he cries, even when he falls or hurts himself. He isn't affectionate, won't play with him, and complains non-stop. I try to tell him that he's just a baby, but he doesn't feel like there is anything wrong with his behavior. He also says that my son isn't interested in him so he doesn't want to give him affection. Is that emotionally manipulative to withhold love from a baby because he isn't interested in sitting in your lap or hugging you etc? Divorce isn't something I want to do, but I am out of options. Is this a personality trait that cannot be fixed?
jumpingbean84 jumpingbean84 26-30 14 Answers Jun 28, 2011

He's A piece Of Insecure ****!!!!! I've Dealt with the exact Same Situation... Do Not Under any circumstances let him treat ur Boy That way!!!! He is Undeserving of Love...

Best Answer

LEAVE HIM or you'll be one of those moms who finds her baby dead one morning, even by "accident"!!!<br />
He has no qualms about hurting your son or standing by while your son is hurt and your child should come first!!! Leave him now before it's too late!!

Best Answer

The guy is harbouring deep feelings, which are related to his unprocessed thoughts. Get him into counselling to work through it. Present the counselling as something you both need to do, but don't take a no, push for it. Your son will be affected if you let it continue, and you will get more resentful.

Best Answer

Counselling is also helpful because you may be sending out subconscious cues that aren't helping.

Best Answer

my mothers friend divorced her husband because the father would abuse her son you sould do the same.

Best Answer

Aww, I'm so sorry to hear about that. Some men will pretend to be "the one" for a while and you will believe that your blessing has finally come, but in the end you find only a broken individual who is in need of healing and a new heart. It is hell when you try to create a good relationship between the man you love and your beloved son. I know the feeling...maybe your husband did not receive the love that you give your son and he's just callous. I wish you and your baby the best and a life free of abuse (emotional and psychological) stay beautiful princess.

Best Answer

um lady your husband is damaged and is damaging. what a sorry excuse to use what is he a baby pop psychologist. good lord. he knew what he was in for and hes acting like a jak ***. there could be serious psychological repercussions for your son if this is the way the relationship continues. i have baby sat and half way raised so many kids. have you considered that maybe the best thing this guy had going for him was your vision of who he could be. we all make mistakes, but nothing a little leaving wont fix. you should find a nice person to settle down with or just be friends with and just go. babies need to be loved not shunned or pushed aside. we all lose our patience, well i have, but it never made me turn my love away from someone or baby who needed it. im sorry but i think this guy could be a bozo. I have been through this and trust me the cost is not cheap. do what you will.

Best Answer

I am going thru the same thing.. I don't know what to do.

Best Answer

You need to get away from this man as soon as possible. Anyone who would be mean to a 14 month old is very sick. Run, run as fast as you can.

Best Answer

You need to get away from this man right now. Right now. Not tomorrow. Now.

Best Answer

As young as your son is his little mind knows whats going on,I married a man for 27 years had a break down because he did not like my son.Some parts of my life was a living hell.It wasn't until he passed away that I was able to live in peace.I do not think your husband knows the meaning of love or compassion.All though you say he is a christian something is wrong.I do believe he bit off more then he could chew when he took someone eleses son to raise.I see this so much in mixed marriages it takes a real man of pure love and understanding to make this work,You need to remind him he is suppose to treat you and your son like Christ treats the church.I would talk to your pastor,My next stept would be to leave him and make a happy and peaceful life with out him.I wish you the best.If you need a friend who has been there write me. Trails

Best Answer