It seems that he also divorced our kids as well! He has put me through hell! I'm or was only trying because of our kids... He don't care to call or be involved on our lives he says that takes time! But my older doughter is getting severely affected by all this ! Shows up when he wants, not answering calls and also never once showed up just to see the kids or I out of the set schedule, I can't do this anymore !!!!! It's hurting our kids and I I'm extremely depressed about our situation ! And I was told by a professional that my next step should be , call my lawer and sign the decree or my doughter would be there as well needing therapy, so scard to do it! I can't live like this anymore ! I need to put a end to this , what stopped me many times is my kids! I do anything to see them happy they love their father! I want them to have a complete family! Like I had and still do. My kids asks for my brother and my father to stay over when they came to visit us, its so sad to see that! And their father is adopeted never meet their parents, recovery addict, works as physiologist Help!!!
Hotapocalipse2012 Hotapocalipse2012 31-35, F 12 Answers Jun 13, 2012

You need to follow your heart in this. It will not lead you wrong.

Best Answer

Dear Lady, it's obvious it's time to move on. I know you want what's best for your children, but the way things are now isn't doing them, or you any good. If I were you I'd make sure part of the divorce papers you are requested to sign is for him to relinquish his parental rights. It will prevent him from causing trouble in years to come. Find someone else who will love you and your children and build a life for yourself and your daughters.<br />
Take care, and I wish you all the best.

Best Answer

I suggest taking the advice and sign the papers. he's obviously not interested in his kid's well being, nor does he even show that he wants to be a responsible father. the next step after that would be to get full custody of your daughters. don't let him see them because of what he's doing to them emotionally. after some time, you do need to find a man that will love and take care of you and your kids. there are a lot of good decent caring loving guys...I know, because I'm one of those guys. don't give up on your happiness and your kid's happiness. they need a dad. they already have a father. :)

Best Answer

I have full solo physical custody, we share legal ! He has visits! Overnights every other weekends... Do you think that stopping visitation completly is best my kids? My mother tells me to do that everyday

Best Answer

think of how your kids feel being bounced around from one place to another every other weekend. listen to your mother...I hate to say it, but, I agree with your mom. your kids are going to be that much more confused by all of this. if he's not willing to step up to the plate and be a husband, and a real father, it's time to cut him loose. he may have been happy with the way things were when you first married, and your first child, but, it seems to me that's all changed now, and he wants to be free of any responsibility. :)

Best Answer

I think with time it will get better. I also suggest therapy for the transition. *hugs*

Best Answer

sounds like your a good mother, unfortunately it doesn't sound like your husband is a very good dad....do whatever you can to get your kids thru this. I'm not qualified to tell you that you should sign lawyers papers or not. Regardless if you do or don't your oldest is probably going to be adversely effected from this situation.

Best Answer

I'm on in it !cost me $1000 month hes so good he doesn't even take any insurance [ Reply ] [ Delete ]

Best Answer

as hard as it may be, sounds like you need to divorce your husband. He doesn't want to step up and be the husband/father he needs to be. You and your children are only going to continue to be hurt by him. Trust me, they are better off without him in their lives if this is how he feels. It's hard, but you can do it. =)

Best Answer

I would sign the papers first off and then i would put a restraining order against him.<br />
Keeping your kids safe is the number one thing to do and they will love you for it.

Best Answer

My sister did that for many years. Now she just turns her hate and anger towards him.. but I must say.. I even tried telling her not to marry the guy 20+ years ago too. Weird how that all builds up when a person does not release it

Best Answer

help?.. get the kids a new daddy..

Best Answer

yu'd be surprised how kids adapt to a healthy environment. they not made of glass.. and mr wonderful isn't the be all of men.. get yourself a better man

Best Answer