neverendingquestions neverendingquestions 13-15, F 9 Answers Apr 30, 2013 in Hobbies

My kindle did this for months and I got for Christmas. All my family has android chargers ( i have iphone ) and that will work for kindle. Because my kindle charger wouldn't work. Sometimes when it was on it wouldn't charge, but when it wasn't active it would. Try that.

Best Answer

Call those nice people at Kindle and explain the issue. the toll free number is 1-866-321-8851. Often if they can't fix it they will replace it.

Best Answer

It seems to be pretty common bud. Here is the only advice I can give ya.<br />
Step 1: Hard Reset: Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release.<br />
Step 2: Power it back on: Wait until the device has completely turned off, then press the power button to restart your Kindle Fire. <br />
Still giving you problems? U.S. and Canada: 1-866-216-1072 Kindle Support: 1-866-321-8851 International: 1-206-266-2992

Best Answer

It's a female

Best Answer

what?

Best Answer

Call the company the kindle fire is from

Best Answer

Get a book?

Best Answer

the whole point of a kindle or any e-books is so u can download as many books as u like without turning u're house into 1 ginourmas libary were u have to move away from, as u're bed has a blanket of paper.

Best Answer

I read a book a day and never have that problem because I have a library to keep the hardbacks, and I trade off the paperbacks, just like all normal people do. A Kindle is non-sense, expensive, breakeable, and look at the problem you are having lol. I rest my case

Best Answer

Shut your mouth and go hug a tree. Funny thing is nobody asked you to reply to this. Took it apon yourself to reply with a smarta$$ remark. Next time just move on and leave your opinion to yourself.

Best Answer

i didnt bye it myself. it was a christmas prezzie, and im not gonna just chuck it, am i?!

Best Answer

You either haven't charged it long enough, the charger jack on the kindle is broken, the power outlet has no power to it, or most likely you have a "Ghost Charge" Rechargeable batteries Need to be drained every now and then to keep them from becoming regular batteries. Most commonly this happens when you leave your device plugged in when you are not using it.

Best Answer

it is pretty much fully charged so i doubt that that may be the problem but thanxs anyway :)

Best Answer

yeah don't bother reading the rest of the post obvously it all has to do with charging the battery.....

Best Answer

i did read it but i couldn't work out how to phrase my reply. i charged it like every week or so. if it does swich on, it never even stays on long enough to run down the battery.

Best Answer

Sounds you have a ghost charge, rechargable batteries need to be completely drained every now and then or they turn into useless cylinders that can't even hold a charge. If it works when plugged in that is the issue, if that's not the problem chances are the battery needs to be replaced. If that doesn't help it might be internal problem that you can't fix.

Best Answer

So how do I fix a "ghost charge"? That sounds a lot like what my kindle fire is doing.

Best Answer

For the THIRD TIME. YOU CAN'T Fix the ghost charge. you can ONLY REPLACE THE BATTERY.

Best Answer

We have the same problem with my wife's device. It just sits there on the startup screen and then goes off, or it shuts down the first time you tap something. It also shows poor wireless connectivity on the little icon at the top of the screen and won't load pages, even when the settings show strong wireless and other devices (including my Nexus and both our laptops) do fine. When we try to turn it on, the button lights for a few second, and then goes out. Eventually, it comes on, and after several episodes of this, it begins to work. I wish I had a command prompt.

Best Answer