I know how you feel. I lost my 20 year old cat. After that many years, they are really a part of you. His 19 year old best friend (a little dog) had passed away the previous year. They both went with me to college and then back home to Florida. Losing beloved pets is harder than most people realize. I'll tell you what my mom's best friend made me do that was a godsend. He made me go to the shelter and immediately adopt another kitty. I did not want to do it. He made me. I was at the shelter for half a day and almost left without a kitten. But, I picked up the only kitten I hadn't held. When I did, he shivered and curled up next to me. He's eleven years old now. To this day, I still thank my mom's friend for his persistence. No, you can't replace your pet. But you need another pet to care for :0)

Best Answer

No more animals for me. I just can't go through this death anymore.

Best Answer

wish I knew what to say ... When I lost my first pet, I was a teenager. It was my little dog (14 years old). It did take me three years before I got another pet. I didn't think I ever would. I ended up with two pets (the kitty and dog that lived to 19 and 20) I knew I'd done the right thing even knowing I'd eventually lose them. I'm watching my two cats play right now. One is 11 years old and the other is 5 years old. I hope you find a way to adopt another pet ... don't wait three years like I did the first time.

Best Answer

Those that don't own pets don't appreciate the joy they give us.<br />
I lost a cat a few years ago after having him for 6 years. He was a lot of fun........I was sad and blue for about a week after he died.<br />
You get used to the little fellas being around you.......<br />
Sorry about that...........

Best Answer

It does take time to get over such a loss.

Best Answer

I am so sorry for your loss. It is tremendously heartbreaking to lose a pet as they give so much to us.

Best Answer

Oh no - sorry to hear that hun - big hugs x

Best Answer

Thanks. She was old.

Best Answer

Oh BlessedOne, I am so sorry for the loss you feel over the death of your beloved pet cat. They are family members. I know what it's like to lose one that you loved and cared for. We had a 7 and half year dog, lab, husky mix named "Jack." He brought a lot of joy into our lives and our pets give us unconditional love. Having to make the decision to have him put to sleep, due to him losing the ability of using his back legs, was one of the worst days in our lives. It had to do with his back and spine and as far as we knew, it was not caused by any injury. He couldn't hold his back legs up to go outside and do his duty. It was heartbreaking to see him look up at us with his eyes so questioning, as if he was asking, why is this happening to me? He tried so hard to get up and couldn't. He left us on April 25, 2006. So, it doesn't matter whether it's a dog or a cat, whether they leave us or whether we have to put them to sleep, a part of us goes with them. You have my most heartfelt sympathy, Blessed One, my dear friend.

Best Answer

It is hard to lose a pet. But she did not suffer and died quickly.

Best Answer

I am glad to hear she did not suffer Blessed One and there's no doubt, it's hard to lose a pet because they love us unconditionally and they are there for us through thick and thin They give us so much more time, devotion, loyalty, happiness and love than we give back to them. Sometimes, I think they act more human than we human beings do and if we could be devoted to and love our fellow man, like they do their owners, this world would be a better place. She was a very lucky and thank you that you cared enough to adopt her and most likely, you saved her from an earlier death. Because of you, she had love and good home. My all the good memories you have of her bring you comfort and peace.

Best Answer

Booo-urns!

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer

Nooooooo:(

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer

Aaaawwww sorry 'bout that:'( is it to early to ask how it happened? Sorry I'm just curious cuz I wanna know if it died suffering or not.

Best Answer

She had been sick for a while. She was on me and I was petting her. I went to bed and was falling asleep and heard her cry. When I got to her she was gone. I happened fast.

Best Answer

Aw:(

Best Answer

She did not suffer and that was good to see.

Best Answer

Yeah

Best Answer

oh no...im sorry.. :(... {hug}

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer

AWHHH! I completely understand your pain.... :(

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer

So sorry ... that is horrible... life sucks sometimes..

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer

i'm sorry

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer

I am so sorry to hear that. (((Hugs)))

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer

So sorry...:(

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer

I'm sorry to hear that. What was it's name?

Best Answer

Thanks. Her name was Hazel. She was old and died quickly.

Best Answer

Aw. At least she spent her last years with you.

Best Answer

she did.

Best Answer

Ah, sorry. Get another one.

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer

Pets are great companions and genuinely make you feel better. Clearly you are a great partner for any cat and the next one will be lucky to own you! Go searching tomorrow!

Best Answer

No more animals for me.

Best Answer

No? Why not? If you are too upset now, I genuinely understand, but "get back in the saddle" asap.

Best Answer

:-(

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer

Aw...I am so sorry to hear this.

Best Answer

Thanks

Best Answer

Was it kicked?

Best Answer