My little sister is 7 years old, and she just woke up crying, she ran up to me and hugged me and said "promise you wont leave, like mommy and daddy. promise?" of course i said yes, but she wont stop crying, any advise? (my parents are divorced, and both my parents left, im living with my little sister and my 3 older brothers)
RandomGuy100 RandomGuy100 16-17, M 18 Answers Nov 23, 2012 in Parenting & Family

That is a tough thing. Assure her you aren't going anywhere. Hold her close. Talk with her. Talk about things she likes. Then, perhaps start a game..something to get her mind off of it. She will have moments like that...maybe for years. Just reassure her you are still there. You are doing great.

Best Answer

thank you:)

Best Answer

You're welcome. Hang in there. And stick together..

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

Thank you for best answer, I hope it helped. And I hope your sister is doing better. You and your brothers are doing a great thing by staying together. Family is so important. No matter who walks away from you, you always have each other. Hold on to that and you can make it through anything. :)

Best Answer

hold her close let her cry it out and love her she will be thankful for you looking after her when shes older

Best Answer

hug her until she's fine.

Best Answer

Give her a stuffed animal, hold her close, and sing her a lullaby.

Best Answer

Hug her. Tell her everything will be OK. Tell her you'll never leave her.

and just hug there in silence. It'll calm her down.

(works with my sissy)

Best Answer

Hold her in your arms and let her cry. She is not looking for a set answer other than to find security, which has been taken away by the parents desertion. Love her and try to be there for her. She will always remember that.

Obviously, read to her, do nice things with her and try to have some fun, try to get her mind on to cheerful things, but mostly be there for her.

Best Answer

Just let her cry, she'll eventually stop.

Best Answer

she had a bad dream, just comfort her, give her milk and cookies or ice cream let her get it out of her mind and tell her some kiddy tales that is nice and have happy endings

Best Answer

awww... try and talk to her to find out what caused it.

Best Answer

Just stay with her.

Best Answer

that's so emotional . sometimes, it hards to express and explain to kids about life. however, the best way you just need always be by her side. make her happy and enjoy her life !

Best Answer

tickle her. tickle alot

Best Answer

Tell her that she is ugly when crying and beautiful when smiling,if she continues tell her that her face will remain ugly even if she is happy.

Best Answer