hurtwife22 hurtwife22 18-21, F 7 Answers Sep 1, 2012 in Divorce

Oh...an emotional abuser. I'm so sorry to say this...but you are lucky your marriage is falling apart, in that case. He will continue to beat you up emotionally until you fall into a depression and your life is a constant misery. Emotional abusers can even escalate to physical abuse. There is free counseling available for you at the Women's Center for Domestic Violence in your town..just call the local ER and they will give you the telephone number.

Best Answer

Leave.

Best Answer

Words are worse .... They hurt....

Best Answer

So many people say leave...get out...run...can you? Maybe he is struggling too? You are young, I'm assuming your marriage is fairly new. Abuse takes many forms and this may only be the begining. However, leaving is difficult. If you have the ability to get counseling, get it. If he needs meds, then hopefully he gets them. But, as it has been said before, if you can get out, get out. It is not easy to leave. Part of you does not want to walk away...you may feel like you have failed, but you haven't. Walking away from a tragedy is a success.

Best Answer

I've just separated from my husband and he was not violent but verbal abusive. and not just in the home but outside and I used to feel so ashamed, my confidence hit rock bottom and I felt so so low I used to cry in my sleep at night to. I tried to talk but he would not but If you feel you can talk and they are willing to listen to you saying you've had enough, maybe the person will get help and your marriage can be saved but that person can not expect you to put up with that its damaging to you...............................

Best Answer

To quote, "killing you softly". Run like the wind and never look back sister!

Best Answer

I've been living with my bf for 9 years---he has built up rage-but he's also a Viet Nam vet---what's your husband's 'excuse'?

Best Answer

Leave him.

Best Answer