MilitaryOfficerGirlfriend MilitaryOfficerGirlfriend 26-30, F 8 Answers May 13, 2012

DEFINATELY wrong do have done such a significant moment with you via TEXT message. On the one hand its sweet that he thinks of you for marriage, but to FAIL to ask you in person?????<br />
As a followup, what has been going on with this since you'd originally asked the question??

Best Answer

I agree 100%...I understand he may have done it at the spur of the moment but it is a situation that requires a more ROMANTIC gesture than a text message!

Best Answer

It does matter if it was by text phone or in person as long as he meant it and he did I'm happy.he's on base now he's not sure when he's coming back that's okay I'm here for him

Best Answer

Yes but the whole point of making a huge gesture when you propose is to show that you REALLY mean it! He was probably talking to his mates about football while he knocked that text out. NOT very romantic at all.

Best Answer

I am married, separated. My boyfriend sent me a text telling me he wished my last name was *maiden name*<br />
I consider that a pre-proposal.

Best Answer

People are debating whether he was right to ask you via text or not. If he is deployed I think that is awsome. Also, in the end you thought it was sooo cute and your opinion is all that matters in this situation.

Best Answer

He proposed via a bloody text!? Soldiers are supposed to have balls.

Best Answer

Congrats! My husband and I met at a local skating rink. So one night during a couple skate he asked them to play our song" Power of Love" Celin Dion, got on one knee in the middle of the rink and proposed in front of everyone. That was 18 years ago and we go married 2 year later. Been married ever since.

Best Answer

Awesome---and congrats!!!

Best Answer

Aw thats romanticly sweet.i met mine on a dating site im glad ive decided to try it out otherwise i wouldnt had met him.

Best Answer

Thats not cute....sorry...its immature....he HAS to ask you in person.I hope you didnt say yes yet?.....

Best Answer