Shinesaathlove Shinesaathlove 46-50, M 5 Answers Nov 23, 2012 in EP

A long time ago a speaker at a self-actualization seminar I attended talked about a method of how to decrease the Pain of a migraine/ headache through color visualization. For example, a really bad headache for me felt like burning red with spikes of blue so hot it was white . shooting pain in the front/forehead and back of my skull.

So I worked on changing the colors slowly to something that represented healing and comfort to me..soft yellow with warm sunset/sunrise colors. Then to a soft blue/aqua. It's a self-soothing technique that worked well until my late 30s and changing hormones threw a wrench into things for me ;-)

I now take something for the hormone issue that has mostly resolved the migraines but the color visualization does help if I feel one coming on. Not always, but enough that I still use it. And it works for calming the mind as well. I love colors so this strikes a cord for me. Maybe here are aromas or soft soothing sounds that can help you.

~Peace

Best Answer

Listen to some music you like but haven't heard in awhile

Best Answer

ASMR videos on Youtube.

Best Answer

keep busy don't let your mind wander

Best Answer