All the time. This has been going on since they got together about three years ago. My mom insists this is natural and okay, but my older brother who doesn't live with us says it's borderline abusive to expose us to their sex life to that extent and this often. Yes, I play the TV loud, headphones, etc., but it hardly helps. My bedroom is above theirs, and my bed will start shaking from the movement downstairs... I ask them to be gentler or wait til I'm at school or work or a friend's house or something, but they just won't accommodate. Sometimes they don't even close their door all the way. Please help.
Sarah196 Sarah196 18-21, F 13 Answers Feb 14 in Parenting & Family

put some pepper sauce in their lube.

Best Answer

Record them one night....then when they are sleeping at like 3 in the morning...play it back on full volume..then yell "How do YOU like it??"

Best Answer

She is selfish...I am 50 and have seen plenty of divorces within my social circles. You mother is not unusual, it very common for women to get highly sexual after a divorce. They become very callous and selfish, sex is the most important thing in her (their) life. Realize many other mothers are doing the same thing as you mom.

Best Answer

She was widowed. :/ She started dating someone immediately after he died, and it was the same thing. She would do it with her ex in the living room and I would wake up for school, leave my room to go into the bathroom and just pretend like it wasn't happening.. And it just hasn't stopped with her current boyfriend. I'm sure this has happened and is happening to many children of divorce and widows.

Best Answer

ew

Best Answer

Tell me about it.

Best Answer

Is it possible to not be home at that time?

Best Answer

Believe me, I have. But then she threatens to take my car (it's technically under her name so insurance is cheaper, but I paid for it) because who am I to leave without her permission?

Best Answer

Your older brother needs to speak to them for you!

Best Answer

He has. :( They keep telling him it's okay and they should be able to have sex whenever they want because it's their house. There isn't really anything he's able to do about it.

Best Answer

That is not a nice way to treat you as a daughter. I am sorry you have to deal with this.

Best Answer

Thank you. I would never do it to her or anyone, especially my future children. I would be mortified.

Best Answer

Oh jesus o.o..maybe you could film it an blackmail them..I mean, they're rude and seem to want everyone to know about their sexual exploits anyway.

Best Answer

u ,too, should have loud sex, and see how she responds

Best Answer

Hahaha! My boyfriend said the same thing. I just don't have the balls to do it yet. :P

Best Answer

Start quietly, and get louder slowly

Best Answer

or perhaps, play the sound of a hardcore **** movie, in ur room, while u **** with ur boyfriend

Best Answer

This is great!

Best Answer

take the audio frm **** and video frm reality, hahaha

Best Answer

Oh, jeez, that sucks! Time to move out, I guess!

Best Answer

Working on it! As soon as a place comes up in my price range, I'm out of here. :P

Best Answer

well...talk to her man about your trouble...,!

Best Answer

Yeah, they both just gang up on me when I do that. He's "a man with sexual needs" and I shouldn't get in the way of that. Yup.

Best Answer

It is pretty rude of them to not even consider your feelings. Then again...it IS her house. You're an adult (according to your age on here) so your other option is to move out.

Best Answer

Yeah, I've been looking at apartments for my boyfriend and I, along with a couple friends. Just trying to find something in our price range. I have a younger sister too, she's only 16. Wish I could take her with me. :/ I more appalled that she has to listen to it.

Best Answer

If your mom is so selfish she won't think of the two of you, maybe she wouldn't be opposed to you taking your sister with you. You could tell her to help pay the rent and she and her bf can have the whole house to themselves. Maybe it'll shock some sense into her.

Best Answer

Good idea. I haven't even told her I'm considering moving out yet. She's very controlling, and the times I've moved with friends before I was 18 she's made me come home, just because she can. I really, really hope she lets my sister come with me. She is my top priority.

Best Answer

So sorry to hear of your plight, and the only option is to move out. I personally feel she is a case for a shrink. If you could consult a shrink, he would be of immense help in your predicament.

Best Answer

I agree. We finally have health insurance again, so hopefully I can at least get one for myself, maybe for her, too.

Best Answer

Good for them! It's natural, get over it and be glad you don't live some place where the entire family has to sleep in the same room

Best Answer

Sex is a completely natural and healthy part of a relationship, I do agree. What isn't natural is leaving the door open for your children (I have a younger sister, too) to see and listen to. You, apparently, have not woken up in the night from your bed shaking. There is plenty of time we are not at home for them to be as loud and aggressive as they want.

Best Answer

In other words, THEY have to build their lives around you? Besides, isn't that why kids have ear buds for their stereos? But I agree about the open door thing.

Best Answer

If you read the above post, I did say I have tried ear buds and turning my TV/music all the way up. But my bed and floor still shake. So I go downstairs to avoid the shaking, but the door is open. They shouldn't build their lives around me, but what I'm saying is there are times when I'm not home if they want to be loud. I would appreciate if me and my little sister are at home that they at least be a little more discreet about it, or move their headboard from the wall or something.

Best Answer

Some pillow or something behind the headboard

Best Answer

Even that would help buffer it a bit. That's what causes the shaking up here anyway.

Best Answer

and you make no noise while screwing?

Best Answer

You're right, that happens, and is natural. But there is no reason when I'm studying for a test in my bedroom at 9pm that MY bed should be shaking, or that their door be open ever.

Best Answer

That my dear is true she should try.

Best Answer