Shona25 Shona25 16-17, F 26 Answers May 10, 2012

well you are young, I been down same road as you. My dad hated my ex and now I see why thats why he is my ex. Was my best friend and all but once you see life in a whole different light it does change or maybe it will work out. Just dont rush marriage, be honest keep in school and see what else is out there for you.

Best Answer

Unfortunately, people do not have to like the person you are dating. It would be nice, but in some cases it is not going to always happen. If your mother and your friends are not seeing eye to eye with you about this guy, perhaps they are seeing something in him that you can't becuase you think you're so in love with him.<br />
Then again, I can't judge the situation and it could just be that everyone around you is a little ignorant. I say just try to keep the topic about your boyfriend at minimum unless they ask about him.

Best Answer

unless you yourself are financially stable (not relying on him, on your family or others) then get out of there and marry him

Best Answer

Maybe he's a douchebag and you're way too young to get married ?

Best Answer

Your a little young for marriage in my opinion but to each their own. Don't let anyone else ever effect who you want to have a relationship with.

Best Answer

To eaches own, but dear, you are far too young to consider getting married. i waited till I was 30 and still ended up divorced. Between the ages of 17 and 30, every year you change so much! So even if you and your bf are total soul mates today, every year will change and change your relationship. Life is so stressful. Of course, marriage can be a goal, but marriage doesn't really change things. Sure you have a certificate and maybe a fun wedding, but eventually regular life kicks in. Unless you are religious and won't have kids out of marriage, thats the only reason I can think of to rush into a wedding. Take your time. You're so young and you have no idea how many different paths your life will take, daily or yearly. Now I sound like my grandparents did to me when i was your age...lol...Date him, date him long-term, hopefully you will continue to love and bond. But as you learn more about yourself, you might find your feelings or philosophy on life might change .<br />
And if everyone you know, distrusts your bf, you might consider listening. I ignored my family's input about my ex, and thats probably a good indication why he's now my ex.

Best Answer

trust ur mother!!!!!

Best Answer

chill. see how you feel when you're old enough to marry him.

Best Answer

Hi! My name is Lande Yoosuf and I'm casting a show about people that dealing with issues between their significant other and their family. I'd like to hear more about your story if you're open to sharing. I can be reached at lande.yoosuf [at] vpetalent [dot] com. Thanks so much!

Best Answer

Ask her why she hates him who knows maybe she has a point (unless it involves the word gay in any sentence because in my experience with my mum: hate words come after gay....) and don't get married yet only trouble comes after young marriage

Best Answer

Remember your mom is your mom and she will love you no matter what, but I no what it's like to be in love and want to be with them 4 life, but don't lose your mom for a boyfriend xx

Best Answer

I got married at 16, so for me to say anything would be hyprcritical. I have been married for 16 years though, but believe me it has been a long road. I wasn't completely grown up till 21, but what are the reasons your mother doesn't like him? My mother just didn't want to see me go, because at the time my father had custody of me and she felt my future husband was taking away any second chance she had for being a mother again. It had nothing to do with him. Now she thinks he's the best thing since Carter had Peanuts.LOL Just figure out why she hates him, but know ultimately it is your decision, not your mothers or your boyfriends. His influence shouldn't be there either. If your mother doesn't support you , you may have to move on with out her until she gets with the program and if she doesn't it's her loss. Same goes for the boyfriend. Your happiness is what matters, and if they both love you they will understand, no matter what choice you make. Just make sure you never have regrets.

Best Answer

she hates him because..actually its funny...she caught us kissing..and thought we were upto something much more than that..

Best Answer

Is that all? Not good enough. How old are you. If you are under 18, you have to have her permission, so waiting would be the legal thing to do. Then you can figure out if you still want to marry him. And trust me I remember what it is like to feel like if you can't have your life the way you want it now, then your life is over,everything is the here and now, but trust me waiting can be a good thing.

Best Answer

I was 'in love' and had to marry my guy cause I couldn't live without him. I didn't listen to my mother, father, friends. My friends constantly told me he was not a good match. But I married him anyway. I grew up and he didn't. Start to finish it was rocky, abusive, constantly strained relationship. (cause you don't see the real person until you actually LIVE with them with out seeing them through rose colored glass as the saying goes) 18 years later I was divorced. He would not take on responsibility and grow up after the kids were born. Am I saying this will happen to you? NO, but it could. No one has a crystal ball, we can't predict the future. But marriage should be done when you are at a mature age old enough to understand how life works. You are young, and I know you are TIRED of hearing that. But I just had my 18 yr old son move out, because I would not allow his 17 yr old gf to move in. He is now finding out that paying bills, working, buying his own food and gas, getting a dog, etc all was more that he anticipated. He got an apt, but had nothing to put in it. Not a pen to cook with, a plate to eat on, toilet paper, towels to bathe with, NOTHING! He won't graduate this month because he stopped going to school so that he could work. His gf did the same. So now neither has a diploma. Neither got to go to prom, they were banned because their grades are D's and F's. One day I would expect to find them on here under ' the stupidest thing I ever did' category. They have gotten engaged, but didn't pay his cell phone bill because they wanted to get an engagement ring....so he got his phone shut off for 3 months. His job required he have that phone, so he lost his job......thing can roller coaster out of control in a bl<x>ink of an eye. Of course he came right home to mom and get money and food because he had no gas to go look for another job. This does happen! And it can happen in a millisecond. Take your time. Let life happen in its own time. Make a promise to each other to wait until you are 21. If you feel the same then, if you are still on the path of learning to compromise, handling responsibility, have open communication and don't live to party everyday....then by all means get married. But I would wait for sure you are done with school and college, plan a future step by step. That's called having a goal plan. Good Luck and GOD BLESS

Best Answer

You are young- Do you like your boyfreind because you have sex together- marriage is different and you should look at his weaknesses and strengths- I have seen many a girl marry too young and regret it as the person turns out not to be that person you thought he.she was.<br />
As for your MUM- think why she is reacting like that- oneday you may be in that postion so listen to your mum and see why she does not like him- she may see something you cannot.

Best Answer

My father's family hated my mother when they began dating; they should have hated her more then they would have never married in the first place and I wouldn't have had to grow up with an abusive father!

Best Answer

you need to tell your mom straight. you either support me, or you don't. she can't control who you date, and that you are old enough to make mature decisions of what guy is good for you, even if he doesn't meet up to her standers.

Best Answer

That is common, he is a threat of taking mom's little girl away, he should respect you enough to where your mom will accept him. Acceptance could take some time, it depends on how this is handled.

Best Answer

Well, mothers have intuitive feelings about their children's future spouses (and many times moms are right!...but it's YOUR life.

Best Answer

Whoa sounds like my sister and mom, if it's the same I'd say listen to your mom. But I don't know if your situation is the same

Best Answer

hmmmm if you're tired....get some rest. And don't worry about what your mom thinks....but why the rush to marry if you;re tired

Best Answer