secretlycrushing secretlycrushing 16-17, F 9 Answers Dec 26, 2012 in Parenting & Family

You can be angry, but you have to think. Are there others on her side of the family that are alcoholics? It may not be her fault that she is one. It may be in her genetics that she's more likely to be an alcoholic. Anger doesn't do much for anyone, so I don't suggest it, but it's your emotions. Don't let them control you if you are angry, but don't completely bottle it up. Talk to someone about it, and maybe if you talk to the right people, you can help your mom with her alcoholism.

Best Answer

ya i know it just that i dont want her to go to jail or anyting but she might becouse she was driveing around drunk with a dead skunk in her car

Best Answer

Uhm...take the keys and hide them?

Best Answer

my dad alwase dose that

Best Answer

we do

Best Answer

I know it is hard for you not to be angry. That’s a struggle you will have to fight with yourself. But you should understand most alcoholics are not that way because they chose to become pathetic addicts. They had a built in weakness to alcohol they did not know about until after they started drinking. It would be good if there was a test people could do on children that would show if they had a predisposition to alcoholism. Then they could simply never take up drinking. But unfortunately there is no test like that.

Best Answer

ya i know it is realy hard for me but i try to make it seem like im not and i dont have that good of friends. the only person i ever feel like i can talk to is my step dad.

Best Answer

I understand. My dad's a gambler. However, I've learned that unless he wants to change himself, I really can't do anything. Be mad. But understand that she's broken, and she's using alcohol to self heal (even though it probably isn't doing much). Empathize.

Best Answer

ya thats what my stepdad said. he is like my best friend

Best Answer

I am glad you have someone to turn to in your life. I hope your situation improves and your mom gets free of her addiction.

Best Answer

You are entitled to your feelings but realize that she doesn't necessarily have control over herself when she is under the influence of alcohol.

Best Answer

i never though of it like that.

Best Answer

No one can tell you how to feel, but if those feelings make you bitter, you should get help coping. A hug and the best to you.

Best Answer

ya i know. i just wish i had better friends. but im working trough my problems the best i can. and thank you

Best Answer

My dad is an alcoholic, and has been since my teen years so I understand what you're going through at least in some way.<br />
Should you be mad? Hell yes! You're her daughter and she can't be your mother when she's using. But she also needs help. Many people can't get past their drinking on their own and need support from others.

Best Answer

she might even go to jail becouse she is drinking and driveing she already got in one wreck. what the hell is she trying to do kill herself

Best Answer