That's true. My mother is the same way - I'm 30, and it took me years of therapy and then finally my husband's advice to just stop looking for her approval, and to just always accept her critisism - cause it's true .. the only person you can change is yourself, and your reactions to her .. although, it depends on how old you are, because if your under 18, and being supported by her financially then you do have to just "listen" to her and her rules .. that is, until you move out ...

Best Answer

All you can do is love and accept her as she is. If she has already shown she isn't willing to change then you aren't going to be able to change her. All you can do is change the way you look at her and how you accept her actions. Just keep on loving her because she is your mother. Maybe when you are a little older she will be more accepting of your views. She could still be seeing you as a child and therefore thinks that she as the adult knows best.

Best Answer

Respect that her mind is closed, and stop trying to change it. Give up.

Best Answer