laceset34 laceset34 36-40, F 73 Answers Dec 31, 2012 in Hobbies

With respect to your mom, that's an old-fashioned rule, from the days when older women were expected to look matronly, respectable and asexual. It has no place in modern times.

Best Answer

and with respect to her daughter the mom should remember how her mom had different ideas about style when she was young and to be more open.

Best Answer

You don't cut your hair until YOU don't like it long. Until then, you tell her that she will always be your Mom, but she stopped being Mommy 20 years ago.

Best Answer

You are a grown woman, you can do whatever you want to do. Don't let your mother tell you what to do.

Best Answer

I'm 60 years old and my hair is down to my waist and everyone kept reminding me not to cut my hair otherwise they won't recognize me!

Best Answer

mmm :)

Best Answer

It depends what your hairdresser thinks. Most women of any age look good with long hair.

Best Answer

Hell no....I am 58 mine is really long...and I am not about to change that....tell you mother, to get with the times.. that the baby boomer generation (mine) is resetting the bar for that age old outdated rule!

Best Answer

Long hair looks good at any age! Don't listen to her ;-)

Best Answer

I'm 42 and love my ponytail! Sorry mom, maybe 50 years ago that was the case, but women can and should do what makes them feel beautiful when it comes to their hair, make-up (or none), etc...

Best Answer

No way! Long hair is beautiful. I have never understood why "older" women think they should cut their hair.....My is past the shoulders at 46! Longer than it's EVER been!

Best Answer

Unfortunately, not all of us are blessed with great hair genes, and for many of us, the older we get, the thinner our hair becomes to the point it's unmanageable. I recently cut my own long hair short (to my neck) to try to keep it looking somewhat like I had not just got out of bed. I always wondered why older women cut their hair short too, until I became one.

Best Answer

I had the same problem. Mine started at menopause. Hair grew thinner and finer with every passing month. Then came the meds that made my hair fall out and now I am nearly bald. I keep it short, just because it would look ridiculous if it was longer.

Best Answer

Your mom is an idiot

Best Answer

I have long hair and it looks much better than short hair..wear it the way you think it looks best :)

Best Answer

No..in my experience short hair, unless on the right person, makes you look older (in a bad way).

Best Answer

Women can have long hair until the day they die, it's all in how it is presented and styled. However, not every woman suits long hair.. you may want to try out various websites that "test drive" different hairstyles on an uploaded photograph of yourself. That way, you are able to make up your own mind about what does or doesn't suit you. Age, in every circumstance, is just a number.

Best Answer

No way-- your style is personal. I'm 50 and have long hair. I would not cut it for anyone-- you decide if you want to change your look for you NOT her

Best Answer

Honey, why are you listening to your mama? What do *you* want?

Best Answer

Tell your mom you leave it to your hair when it wants to stop growing...

Best Answer

do wht u want to do because long hair is the women beauty and its not the illegal work. long hair is just for women. otherwise all men have kept long hair.

Best Answer

That makes no sense, Pedro.

Best Answer

You are so right. Glad you said it first.

Best Answer

If you want long hair keep it. I wish I would've kept mine. I used to sit on my hair now it's only half way down my back. My point being is its your hair.

Best Answer

Nope. Why not?? I am almost 47 and keep my hair long and love it!! So do you want to do. Not what someone expect you do ;)

Best Answer

No why should you? Look in the mirror when you are very very rested (say, after a holiday) or better still, a photo of yourself when you're not expecting it.<br />
Photos don't lie.<br />
If you still think your hair looks great, then just leave it.

Best Answer