She is 40. I'm 20. I changed my hair colour, she did the same after a month, even the same hair colour. I love chanel and YSL and Lancome in make-up. She has bough exactly the same. I wear my Michael Kors watch all the time, she has started using her watch all the time. When I tell her I don't like this and this type of food, she says she doesn't either. And the weird part, when mom started talking about me getting married and stuff in front of her, my mom's friend's mom got so happy for me, my mom's friend in the other hand, she got so damn mad. Idk what's wrong with this lady..
ixHoney ixHoney 18-21, F 6 Answers Jun 10 in Community

At least she isn't wearing the same clothes. (yet)

Best Answer

She's past her prime, aka Spinster, and wants to go back in time to relive her 20s when she had a lot of attention from men. I'm guessing your mom's friend is either divorced, widowed, or she waited too long to get married by wasting her youth partying with "hawt" guys that didn't want to get married. A 40 year old man, as long as he's not fat and makes a nice income, can marry women half his age. However, women above 35 are off his radar. Her only option is to marry a man with a low income, or a man that's 50+. She's probably bitter because the nice men she ignored in her 20s, are ignoring her now. She's wondering, "Where are all the nice guys?"

Best Answer

you might be right.. but she's not the type that used to party with "hawt" guys either.. She is not divorced..and her man is in another country.. she has 2 kids from him.. but damn..she even says she wants a body like mine and does the same work outs! .. I don't know if its about guys.when we talk about other girls and guys, she doesn't get mad..but about me, she gets so mad!

Best Answer

Maybe she's against marriage and wants you to be a party girl? Might be she's unhappily married with kids and wishes she was you? Yes, guys don't act like this. Your mom's friend seems too emotional and might be experiencing a mid life crisis. You know: "You GO GIRL! The new 40 is the new 20!"

Best Answer

Damn.. i have no idea… Now she wants to buy the same car.. wtf.
She is happily married.. out of what she says. She lives with her mom as well.. so idk… we'll see how this will end. She will never be like me! thats for sure

Best Answer

This reminds me of the film 'Single White Female' How creepy..maybe there's something she admires about you and she's just trying to emulate it because she's insecure?

Best Answer

Ew. No way, she is married and has kids!

Best Answer

Could be she has a crush on you, that does sometimes happen you know, or maybe she's just subconsciously trying to recapture her youth.

Best Answer

Well.. I don't know then why she would get mad when mom mentioned marriage.

Best Answer

Creepy! Watch out.

Best Answer

Ikr!

Best Answer

she's in a one sided imaginary competition with you. I've known crazy people like this before. Im for real, watch out! She might try to sabotage you or your relationships in some way.

Best Answer

Whenever we talk about guys.. she makes it sound so bad and gets so mad. Im a confident girl and I know I'm good at whatever I'm doing when it comes to studying and career and jobs and everything. I love to take care of myself and I have lots of guys crush (not to brag..), and she knows that.. and the more mom talks about this and this guy wanting me..and this and this who has so much money and stuff..she goes crazy! But i always try to make her my friend..she becomes more creepy.

Best Answer

Omg! Sounds like a Lifetime movie I saw. Lol

Best Answer

Lol...

Best Answer

I don't know either o.0!

Best Answer