GettingOverShit GettingOverShit 18-21, F 31 Answers Sep 2, 2012 in Health

could be, too, that your mother truly understands meditation. real meditation is hard. relaxing the mind and the soul does allow ANY thing (or idea, or concept) to enter your "body" because meditation heavily involves letting your guard down. so, if you look at the devil as some concept of negativity or evil, yeah, in some sense, your mother is right.

Best Answer

I think there are many ways to open the door to evil. Only the ignorant can say for sure meditation is not one of them. I think it is very possible if you open yourself up to spirits, spirits can enter. What are you meditating on is the question, I would think. I stress, no one KNOWS.

Best Answer

Well explained.

Best Answer

Honestly, I think it's ignorant. Monks do meditate. Jesus meditated, according to the Bible. But I once had a discussion with a woman who thought doing yoga was opening the door to demon possession.....

Best Answer

Exactly.. What are you meditating on.

Best Answer

I think it's a load of bullshit. Meditation is very good for you.

Best Answer

Sure, he'll be entering my world where I can destroy him with every figment of death and destruction as possible. ^_^

Best Answer

I don't agree. Meditation helps you to find inner peace, the only time it would let the devil enter would be if you're trying to focus on immoral acts.

Best Answer

I think she's wrong. Monks meditate

Best Answer

& people from my religion say monks go to hell.

Best Answer

there is no hell.

Best Answer

With all due respect, but that is rather a bold statement. Besides that, all religions meditate, prayer is a form of meditation.

Best Answer

I don't know that meditation is a problem but yoga pratices incorporate opening your soul up for demons to enter as does the occcult.

Best Answer

Obviously, meditation is a scary, new frontier for your mother. Meditation allows an individual to calm down and focus better -- a few of my high school teachers promoted it as studies showed kids who meditate get higher grades. Going through life calmer and with better clarity is good. Everyone should be doing this.<br />
I have spoken to Catholic priests who stated they "meditate" daily. I dare say they are not trying to make contact with Satin. I suspect these priests are in better contact with the universe, hence, their concept of God.

Best Answer

Well Catholics arent the holiest people.

Best Answer

Strangely enough, I was reading a book written by a Catholic priest. He gave confession to a priest who was dying. On his death bed, the dying priest stated: "I will see you again in heaven, if heaven exists". I suspect no one religion is the holiest.

Best Answer

Well, that's a really cool question actually. Putting my personal belief about the devil aside, and using it metaphorically for evil thoughts, perhaps that has some merit. Some people can allow there minds to empty and relax, my husband can he will be sitting and staring out into space, with a blank ex<x>pression. I ask him what he was thinking he says each time "Nothing, clearing my mind, needed a cleaning." ME however, when I meditate, its like letting every bad feeling, or thought jump at me all at once. I have to fight like a heavy weight champion to push each thought aside, to get ready for the next one.

Best Answer

That's exactly right. When the devil is in you, he's yours to battle. From outside you only see his effects and can do nothing.<br />
Brotip: we're all the devil, and God.

Best Answer

It's obvious your Mother doesn't do Much "Thinking"/ Meditating.

Best Answer

She does. She's actually a very smart women.

Best Answer

Good for you.. Defending your mother.

Best Answer

As they should.

Best Answer

In the silence true creativity can come through.

Best Answer

no mediation is ok long as you said: audhu billah mina ‘sh-shaytani ‘r-rajeem, before doing it!

Best Answer

your mother a nut bag. Sorry, too much beer. What I meant to say is that your mother is misinformend...quiet contemplation can allow grace to enter your heart...why do you think so many monks and nuns live in silence.

Best Answer

a crock. the devil doesn't need anything other than a person acting outside the will of God. meditation is prayer. smile tolerantly at her to show you respect her, but realize she means well, but is wrong

Best Answer

It helps me to have peace

Best Answer

BS Mother are sometimes wrong.

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

I don't think meditation lets the devil in

Best Answer