It's just that there are certain things that you just can't tell your mum. Not just because they are too personal, but sometimes I just know that she won't understand as her personality is totally the opposite to mine. She gets angry and will go into a huff like a big kid. I have explained that it is nothing personal against her and not to get offended. It's just I'm 19 years old and I don't have to tell her everything right? Everytime I get post through the door she always asks what it's about, and I feel really awkward answering her, especially if it is personal.
VirgoTheArtyFarty VirgoTheArtyFarty 18-21, F 11 Answers Apr 4, 2012

i too have felt like your mother...i know it's unreasonable but it makes me feel like i'm not good enough.<br />
Maybe it's just a mother thing.<br />
I guess you'll have confirmation when you are " the mother ".

Best Answer

Really, I'm a mother and NEVER felt that way. Naturally I felt sad that my baby-girl got her own life, but also proud; because it proved that we had brought her up to be free

Best Answer

yes really...when my daughter was in her mid teens..i sometimes felt like i was the enemy. I guess it was ...mum still making her toe the line....i wouldn't put up with teenage crap. Now she's nearly 19...and grown out of that phase.

Best Answer

Chose one thing you feel you could tell your mom and see how she reacts. She mite surprise you. It's my way of saying test the water first. She obviously loves you and care and worries about you. I guess you want to be part of your life and let you know she will always be around. Sometimes talking to a friend doesn't give you the right props but a mother do. My mom never criticised me, she always gave me good advices that none of my friends could. My trust in her is strong. Not all moms are like that but like I said, test the water first. Humour her and see what she is like. When you have a kid of your own, it'd renew your respects for your mom.

Best Answer

Are you still living with her?! Why?! I think that kids need to be on their own by 18 if not sooner. That's the problem, kids and parents are too dependent on each other in this day and age. Cut the cord. Live your own life. Then when you do spend time with your mum it will be fun, and you can choose to share things with her or not. Why do people stay in the nest so long these days? I was out at 15 and never looked back and I'm all the better for it. I nature animals know when to kick their offspring to the curb, why are we so emotionally dependent that we stifle children s growth by keeping them as children for too long.

Best Answer

Hmmm. You shouldn't judge me for still living with her. For your information she is a single parent of a 4 year old; she isn't very well mentally as she may have early signs of alzheimers disease. My nan couldn't babysit and look after them both as she isn't well herself. She lost a lung through a disease in her body and it has now spread onto the other one and she is dying. And my grandad can't walk without falling over. I am the only stable person to be there for my family at the moment. Sorry for being a loyal and wanting to look after my family. It's not like I live there for free either, I pay my way. I am also a full time student and I am at college 3 days a week; and when I am not there I have a lot of work to do at the same time as taking care of everybody else. I also start university in September so I can't even afford my own place, especially studying a art and design course as you have to pay for a lot of equiptment. If my mom wasn't on her own I would move away to a university campus as it is cheeper than having your own place, but if I was away who would look after everybody else? What would happen to my younger brother if something happened to my mom? Are you still seriously suggesting I move out? I think not. You shouldn't judge people for still living at home with their parents after a certain age as sometimes there are reasons.

Best Answer

To each their own I suppose, but it seems like a bit of a cop out.

Best Answer

Danagerbabe, Virgotheartyfarty is too young to leave home. I left home when I was 21, right age to leave home. The girl is still learning about life. Leave her alone!

Best Answer

Oh I am a mom by the way and I wouldn't want my son to leave until he is 21!

Best Answer

Sorry to hear about your mom's illness. You shouldn't be judged for living with your mom.

Best Answer

Not a cop out. She cares about her mom and wants to be around when needed. If she moves, she won't be able to check on mom a lot.

Best Answer

In my opinion 21 is too old. Period. But like I said that's my opinion. Everyone should have the right to do whatever they want, even if that means leeching off your parents well into adulthood.

Best Answer

she's your mom for life, tell her everything.

Best Answer

Be happy that she reacts that way,because those who don't ....don't care.<br />
Be Good :)

Best Answer

Thats what parents do hahaha

Best Answer

you should not have to pat her back and ask her if she wants a juice-box until after your children are through college and into the workforce.

Best Answer

Been there, kid!<br />
You have to take/provoke/face the issue! 'My mail is my personal mail, even when it's just advertisements and fliers. And not all I do is for the eyes of my mother!'<br />
Once I had told her that, she became pat.<br />
But why in the world do you use snailmail these days?

Best Answer