Hm... well.. I guess... you tell them by saying... "for now, due to uncertainty, I don't think I believe in God. However... if God exists, I'm sure that through my life, He will make His presence known to me. Please don't be upset, I won't turn to immorality, and maybe I'm just lost for this period in my life, and then again, maybe my atheism is valid. All that I ask is that you respect my journey, and trust that if there is a God, my journey with my faith will lead me along the right path, wherever it may take me, be it to Christianity or anywhere else."<br />
I think that's sensitive enough, but also puts the point across, and would work well for his parents.

Best Answer

lol. sounds kinda funny. i'm not being sarcastic, though. <br />
why does he need to declare he's an atheist, though ? especially if it will cause problems in the family. he can just be quiet about it. unless, i guess if he's being forced to go to church ?

Best Answer

yeah they force him to go

Best Answer

oh well.
i did not grow up an atheist but nevertheless hated being forced to go to church. i gained my freedom when i started working and living by myself. :-) i agree with some responses. i think he just has to live with it. he'll be "free" when he gets older and can stop going.

Best Answer

he told me thats what he was thinking of what to do (i didn't say that right) but he dosen't want to hold out all the pressure on him though since he has MANY other things to tell them when he moves out...

Best Answer

i may be wrong on this one but i think because he's young he still feels the need to tell his parents everything about himself, like some sort of permission or validation. i sometimes still look for validation from my parents (i think we all do) but most of the times i don't anymore because I've been independent of my parents for a very long time now. i've been having doubts about christianity but i don't tell my devout christian parents mostly because i don't want them to worry and get hurt. and i don't need to hear them say it's OK to believe another way. sorry, long response. just saying that i think what he sees as issues right now are mostly age-related. in other words, he really doesn't have to tell his parents everything. (but of course, it's easy for me to say. )

Best Answer

lol him not believing in god has nothing to do with his parents financial gain but anyway he shouldnt tell them it will cause nothing but trouble he should just keep it to himself for as long as he can or atleast until he can move out so tht the family doesnt undergo any unnecessary pain

Best Answer

I'm an atheist. But before he makes a declaration, someone should explain that his cause and effect makes no sense. If things got better because he walked backwards, does that mean that walking backwards caused it? He should go with whatever makes him feel most comfortable, but at 13 he doesn't have the life experience to make a good decision.

Best Answer

Tell him at 13 every kid has the same questions and doubts. But Christianity is largely ba<x>sed on Faith and using the lessons in the Bible, especially Proverbs and Romans to overcome life's troubles. God, Jesus and the Bible are more necessary when times are tough than when times are good. <br />
A man's character is defined when things are not going well, not when things are handed to him. If his parents are having problems they don't need another one from him. Tell him to man up and stop being selfish.

Best Answer

Sounds like God has answered their prayers.

Best Answer

That would depend on how open or close minded they are.<br />
Are they average religious ppl or are they youre goin to hell bible thumpers that belive their belief is the only belief.

Best Answer

in between...his mom will get mad if she can't go to church, his dad is average

Best Answer

Hmm..well if he tells them his mom will prob just say the youre to young to be able to think for yourself speech or somthing like that. id just keep it to my self unless they force him to go to church if thats the case id just tell them point blank

Best Answer