My new boyfriend has a kid.I just met her a week ago. She hates me, she told me F U. What should I do to get her to like me? Help!
BeautifulDreamer15 BeautifulDreamer15 16-17, F 15 Answers Jan 28, 2012

Hold it.<br />
You're a teenager. His daughter is old enough to say, "F you" and mean it.<br />
Maybe she hates you in part because you are so close to her age and sleeping with her dad? <br />
I'd need more details.

Best Answer

Maybe she's afraid you'll get better grades in school than her?

Best Answer

Uhm, she's one. Her daddy is sixteen lol.

Best Answer

that's a reason why I'm not fond of my brothers mom. She's younger than me! I mean I'm cool with her.. but it still kinda bothers me she's with my dad.. it's like really? especially my father. I will never view him in the same light again. :l

Best Answer

Her daddy is seventeen and I'm seventeen. She's almost two. It embarrassed and hurt me when she said that, he seriously hates me she doesn't like me talking or holding her she just screams. He tries to help make her likes me better but nothing is working and I just need some advice from other point of views.

Best Answer

Don't get serious until you get out of college, that's my advice.

Best Answer

She 1, and said FU? Wow, who is teaching this child this vocabulary? I'd think twice about wanting to be with this guy. That just blows my mind.

Best Answer

ONE? And she's using that kind of language? Holy cow! At that age, most kids don't even have much of a vocabulary. Geeesh. That's really charming.

Best Answer

Thanks !

Best Answer

I honestly think he taught her that but by accident she's probably heard it slip out of his mouth a few times, but it hurt my feelings.

Best Answer

CHIP-LAR-I-OUS

Best Answer

She's 1 and has a mouth like that!

Best Answer

She's a baby- get over yourself and your embarassment and hurt- she's a baby- she is incapable of forming intent at her age

Best Answer

You don't know about the terrible twos? Kids that age are genetically programmed to raise hell and push their boundaries. There's no point taking any of it personally. When she says "**** You", she barely knows what it means, she's just experimenting with the words, to see how well they work. My guess is that she can sense your fear, so she's exploiting the vulnerability. Think of it as a learning opportunity, a chance to get some practice dealing with kids. I think the general idea is to be firm but patient and affectionate, develop some respect and trust, but don't be phoney about it . Don't take my word for it because I've never had kids...ask your parents;)

Best Answer

you can not make people like you just be yourself but they should both treat you vwith more respect

Best Answer

Thank you !

Best Answer

If you only met her a week ago it's no wonder she doesn't like you. Certain babies like certain people, give her time and I'm sure she will come around should you continue to date her dad. On the other hand, you are just a baby yourself. You should really enjoy life on your own instead to tying yourself to someone who has already messed theirs up. "I really like this boy" is a perfect example of your own lack of life experiences. If her daddy is teaching her (whether intentional or not) to swear you perhaps do not want to be step-mommy-in-training for this baby. Why not date a 16 year old who DIDN'T make a mistake.. so that you don't make one yourself.

Best Answer

Don't hit the baby under any circumstances. All she knows ia daddy was all hers now she has to share. Let her associate your presence with good things, playing, toys, special times, fun dvds- You're young and likely this is your first time with a baby- get a book on raising babies- stimulating their learning - make it fun- affection will follow

Best Answer

I wasn't planning on hitting her. Great advice, thanks so much !

Best Answer

Not directed at you- some other posters seemed to lean that way

Best Answer

If she is only one, she is too young to really hate, its jealousy and maybe a bit of fear of not knowing you and what affect you will have on Dad and her. My advice at her age.....when she is around all the attention goes to her from both you and Dad. It will help her to realize that her relationship with her father is not going to change. Good Luck

Best Answer

Really great advice ! Thank you so much !

Best Answer

How old is this kid? I'd be fixing that kid right in front of her father and if he didn't like it he could jog on too because his kid should not be disrespecting you like that in the first place. And if he was any good he would not allow such language. <br />
You can't make people like you, either they will or they won't.

Best Answer

She's almost 2. It embarrassed me when she said that my boyfriend told her no but then she screamed. Lol you tell it like it is, thank you for the advice !

Best Answer

She's not yet 2? Child can hardly talk and she comes out with that? That is plain crazy. Child needs fixing right now! All the best with that.

Best Answer

Fight for attention - she hates you taking his attention, that otherwise could be hers.

Best Answer

Awh, now I feel bad. So she's kinda jealous of me ?

Best Answer

No it has nothing to do with your "bad intentions". It's her instinctive feminine reaction. Just maintain positive attitude and ignore negativity.

Best Answer

Your not her mom, Who knows what her mom has said about you to her. You have to earn the childs respect through your actions.

Best Answer

Great advice ! Thanks !

Best Answer

He told u f u? Then dont worry about the kid, dump him.

Best Answer

It's suppose to be her, his kid told me F U.

Best Answer

Shes a kid, and you're dating her daddy, to her, you are a threat, just take it slow, it may not work out anyway

Best Answer

Thanks for the advice

Best Answer