Hi, I'm white, my boyfriend is black. he is also older, but he respects me, we love each other, have so much fun together and I don't feel the age difference. My parents are racist and they don't feel like we should be together because I am "too pretty" and they don't feel like we match together physically(and this really hurts me). My boyfriend's family love our couple and find that we're really great together. Also, my parents tell me that I have to choose sides because they will not accept our relationship. What would you do? Are you in this situation? thank you
baberose baberose 22-25, F 6 Answers May 15 in Dating & Relationships

Tell me about this black guy what he do , how he dresses, what kind music he listens, does he have a job, does he go to school?

Best Answer

He is finishing university, has his own apartment, has a very good job.

Best Answer

It's up to you. I have seen a couple of white girls with blacks who had kids and the dads have long left the kids and girls.

Best Answer

Well sometimes if they meet the person and they stp generalizing they realize it's different

Best Answer

Choose the guy. If he loves and respects you, you and him can make your own family. Maybe your parents will wake up someday. If not, forget them. No excuse for racism.

Best Answer

You parents feel like they do for a very good reason. Believe me, if you stay with him you will be his door mat in the end and society will look down on you. Your parents have the right to be a racist if they want just as much as you have the right to not to be one. If you have kids with him, you will shame your entire family as well as yourself and you child. Nobody wants a half-breed in the family or a left over token.

Best Answer