my parents simply hate my boyfriend of nearly 6 years. He brought his parents over to meet mine to ask my hand in marriage but they disliked everything about him from his hair style to his shoes.the problems they have are that he isnt as educated as I am,isnt financially stable at the moment(but will be very soon InshaAllah since he had HUGE losses some time ago that crippled him financially,but picked up the pieces and now things are starting to get back on track Alhamdulillah),isn't good looking and not as religious as I am.They didnt like one bit about him and dont want to hear about him at all. He is ready to do anything to help me convince them and im trying very hard too. He treats me like a queen, and one of my best friend says guys who care and love like that are extremely rare so don't let him go.but my best friends also think i deserve better than him and hes not good enough and im angry at them for that.but i love him alot and have no intention to leave him.what to do?
Tibya Tibya 18-21, F 5 Answers Feb 7, 2013 in Marriage

Traditions are stupid. Telling one whom they can and can't marry is even more stupid.

Best Answer

I would be concerned since your friends also think you deserve better. Are you sure you've been able to take an ob<x>jective look at him? Have you asked your friends how they define "better"? What is it that they see in him that concerns them about your marrying him?

Best Answer

They're saying that just because they think I should marry a man who is as educated as I am. That's why they think I'm too good for him isn't that stupid? And yes I've taken an objective look too but am still at the same conclusion.

Best Answer

**** what your parents think. You need to forget about them and focus on YOU. Your relationship with him has nothing to do with them, so their negative thoughts should have nothing to do with your decisions about marriage. You're not getting married to satisfy your parents, you're getting married because you're happy and in love with a wonderful man. You seem so happy with him and you have no intention of leaving him like you said, so they'll just have to cut the bullshiit, accept that you're marrying him, and learn to be happy for you. Obviously they're shittty parents if they can't be happy that you're happy with him. That's all that should matter. So yeah, fuuck them!

Best Answer

it's just cause they want the best for you. take it with a careing heart, but don't let it affect your ideals. <br />
take some time off, sit back and think if he really is who you can see being with 20/30 years from now.

Best Answer