crazywolf13 crazywolf13 16-17, F 21 Answers Dec 13, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Not necessarily, perhaps one of them snores

Best Answer

Not really. <br />
I know other couples who do this as well, and in my grandparents' case, it's because my grandma couldn't get a decent nights rest because of my grandpa's snoring, so she wanted her own room. lol

Best Answer

Cool thank u :)

Best Answer

as long as they are happy with it and otherwise tend to get along and care for each other no...

Best Answer

Thanks :)

Best Answer

Don't know your parents personal reasons, but it DOESN'T necessarily mean there is trouble in paradise. Parents bear a HUGE responsibility,raising a family,working,financial burdens,ect,& if you are unable to get a good nights sleep,you will struggle to meet the demands of daily stresses. Often times, couples disrupt each other sleep with snoring, restlessness, or getting up to use the bathroom. It seems perfectly understandable that your parents would have separate bedrooms due to their opposite work schedules. It's VERY difficult to work the night shift. I know cuz I worked the night shift for 20 years. You need to have uninterrupted sleep in order to do your job well. Try to put yourself in other people's shoes before you judge.

Best Answer

Im sorry to b the bearer of bad news hun, but yes, its bad

Best Answer

It depends on why they are doing it. Maybe one of them a light sleeper. Or there medical conditions that make it easier to sleep apart. How do they interact during the day time? Do they spend time with each other or spend most of their time apart? The best advice I would offer is to sit down with your mom or dad and ask her/him about it. Be polite and respectful in asking. Maybe your parents want to talk to you about it and don't know how to start the conversation off.

Best Answer

Thank u :) and How would u ask them?

Best Answer

Use an actionfeeling question. When you do ***, I feel ****. I would say, "Mom, I noticed that you and Dad are sleeping in separate bedrooms and it makes me feel uncertain about our family. Would you mind if I asked why you do that?"
Then let your mom (or dad) take the lead.

Best Answer

Cool thank u so much

Best Answer

How does it make you feel is the real question I want to ask? <br />
Do they give reasons to you why they do this?<br />
Do they love one another?<br />
You are old enough to know why. Ask them. Then return and ask more questions if need be.

Best Answer

Makes me angry and I really don't know why
No I have to guess to why there doing it I've ask my mom before and she said cuz this is my room
My dad loves my mom but I don't think my mom loves my dad
I'm 16 so I think I am
Thanks for helping me :)

Best Answer

Thank you for best answer, hon. I suggest you sit and talk with both of them together. Tell them exactly how you feel. Cause this is hurting you. And will affect how you feel perhaps with your boyfriends. Counselors can help you too. They can meet with you and/or your parents too. Social workers help. Get some. Take care. Hugsssssssssssssssss...........

Best Answer

Thank you :) hugsssssssssssss back

Best Answer

dont do that to your parents its no ones business outside of their own, me and my husband dont sleep in the same bed, and this started long before us hating eachother. it just means, the would prefer their space and love the kids they already have, and dont want anymore. its the most effective

Best Answer

And how do your children feel? Do you think this does not effect them? She has the right to know...She is a young adult. You cannot speak for them. Only they can. And because they brought this girl into the world, this means they owe her honesty and truth and love. It is her business because they created her. And she lives under their roof. Ask your children how they feel. Sleeping separately while married is not normal. And your kids know it. So you cannot brush their concerns aside nor pretend it does not effect them. You are not loving them by ignoring the situation. So I suggest you grow up, BrighterDaze. Apparently your days are not so bright after all. And your kids know that.

Best Answer

My parents do that too sometimes.My mom sometimes lays with my sister who is 8 instead .They just have always done that.

Best Answer

Everyone need their own space, some people more than others, hopefully they are doing it for that reason.

Best Answer

why bad? If they get along....wonderful!

Best Answer

Not necessarily. Sometimes you just sleep better alone. ;-)

Best Answer

Cool thank u :)

Best Answer

Yes ..ESPECIALLY when you're fighting n not getting along

Best Answer

Only if they try and push their beds together for "night time adult talk" !!!! would be abit nosiey!!!

Best Answer

I guess you can feel good they are staying together for you and feel bad they didn't trust you with the truth of their relationship.

Best Answer

No not really.Its been done for centuries..Having ones own space is never bad. Historically you only shared your bed if u were poor.

Best Answer

I think it can be okay, as others said.

Best Answer

Why do you sleep alone in separate bed room. Learn what is your business and what is their personal business. There will be many things parents do that do not involve you. However, if it does by all means ask why. Questions are cheap but the answer can cost you a headache.

Best Answer

yes if your mum is in edinburgh and your dad is in london lol

Best Answer

Maybe yes, maybe no---depends why

Best Answer

I think its cuz my mom work at night and my dad work during the day but I'm not sure

Best Answer

If they get along otherwise, I wouldn't worry too much.

Best Answer

Thanks :)

Best Answer