steroids are very bad for animals and people it lowers your immune systems ability to fight off disease. did you know that you are not supposed to have surgery for 2-4 years after taking steroids? Because it lowers the bodys ability to fight infection. I would make my own dog food. add fish oil to it. Oatmeal to EAT is good. Raw honey is very good- it will be messy but rub him in raw honey- let it stay on him a few hours. Use one of those cone neck things so he doesn't lick it off. then rinse off. Honey comes off easily with just water- no soap needed. Check into a naturopathic veterinarian.- they have better luck with treating skin probs than traditional medicine vets.

Best Answer

It depends on the skin problem. My dog's skin improved when I bather her using T-gel shampoo by Neutrogena.

Best Answer

Sorry - but tried that too--I change my pic to show you all my sweet giant - can you see him? Such a face - the only things he loves more than food is hugs.

Best Answer

I'm sure you tried this years ago but our dog responded to dry food called IVD , it was rice and lamb. It cleared up her skin. It's expensive but so worth not watching them suffer.

Best Answer

tried it--but also, I am out of work right now and have 3 dogs - cost is a bit of an issue right now. He's a big dog and eats alot.

Best Answer

You'd have to feed him separately. Actually, you'd have to start to feed all the dogs separated two times a day so he couldn't get to the other dogs food and vice versa. I had a big dog too. If it works, it's worth it. Cut back somewhere else. The steroids have to cost a bundle. A big dog should have l 1/2 to 2 cups of food 2 xs daily.

Best Answer

Ask Dr.House

Best Answer

I give my dogs fresh carrots in their food, and that yellow oil on their problem spots every other day. It heals it right up.

Best Answer

Yes Give the steroids to the Dog there not for you

Best Answer

Oatmeal bath?

Best Answer

Tried most everything-looked it up on various sites and the name is very long-but his ears get flaky and thick (eardrops for that) and he's a mastiff/lab mix with that turkey waddle thing and that gets sticky and stinky--always at himself biting his toenails and licking. My poor Murphy.

Best Answer