My immediate family has grown apart over the past many years; to be more specific, I pretty much been disowned or have disassociated myself from them after years of abuse and unfair judgement and hypocrisy. My birthday passed in September and I had no birthday wishes from any of them, my sister in particular could have easily reached out on FB with a generic "Happy Birthday", though she did not. It's as though I don't exist to them, and in many ways I consider them dead to me. I could be the bigger person and extend the courtesy, but should I feel obligated to or even care to? Thanks in advance for your feedback :)
eMonkey eMonkey 26-30, M 9 Answers Dec 13, 2012 in Family Struggles

Just do it. You will find that you are a bigger person for it.

Best Answer

why keep the tension in the family, just say happy birthday. my fam has grown apart but no matter how much we cant stand eachother, we always wish eachother a happy birthday or a happy holiday. its just for 1 day.

Best Answer

Yes you must - life is short

Best Answer

No. Were they bothered about you?

Best Answer

My sisters b day is tommorrow too!!! But shes two and yes u should conract her she will apreciate it

Best Answer

sure, it won't do no harm. your sister might even feel humbled.

Best Answer

yes family is always family

Best Answer