sam27609 sam27609 61-65, M 11 Answers Dec 12, 2010

Please don't take this in the wrong way, but you'll probably feel that you'll never grieve enough or sufficiently. You have a double whammy. First, you lost a child; second, you lost a child to suicide. It is unnatural to lose a child. It is unnatural for people to suicide and we all blame ourselves when someone kills themself. I don't envy you your burden. As jamesmethod has said, live your life nonouring your son. Perhaps you could get involved with a group of parents who have lost children to suicide. Unfortunately, there are too many of those these days. It's comforting to know you are not alone.<br />
I wish you only the best and hope that you can overcome this.

Best Answer

You mean to say my son COMMITTED suicide (not completed). I am sorry that your son passed away. Do you know the reason why? Maybe that's why you haven't grieved properly. Maybe you are still in shock and still hoping it was just a joke and that he'd come home? <br />
I can't imagine how you feel but I do know you feel numb and empty inside. You're still missing your boy and always will. You will never get over it but one day it'd be alot easier and maybe you'll remember all the good times about your son. (I try to relate that to the moment I've lost my son for a few precious minutes when he went missing twice though it's not the same thing at all).<br />
God be with you. Take care.

Best Answer

if his honor intact remains then time and degree have little sway.

Best Answer

You may never grieve "sufficiently". I lost my Brother to suicide some time ago now and I still grieve. Everyday brings new moments in my life I wish I could share with him. The big moments in life are the ones that cause the most tears but the simplest of things cause just as much pain. Suicide is final yet there's no answers for the questions you have. You can never really understand the reasons why ... it's not like someone can say "it was a heart attack" ... there's no clear reason. All I can say to you is you are not alone ... there are others out there who will have had similar experiences to you and can understand some of the pain you feel. Sometimes talking to a stranger can be more beneficial than talking to a loved one. Everyone grieves in their own ways and in their own time ... we're all individual. Don't worry about what you haven't done ... focus on what you have ... you raised your Son and created some beautiful memories ... the grieving will come in it's own time.

Best Answer

Do you really think your son would want you to spend 10 years of your life grieving, Things happen in life that we don't deserve, and can't understand. Honor your son by getting on with your life and making it the best life you possibly can. "The living you do, from this day forward , you do for both yourself and your son." <br />
I Sincerely, Wish You All The Best.

Best Answer

no amount of grieving for a lost child will feel sufficient.. and it is hard to know what exactly is productive grieving.. do the best you can do. live your own life while you can. and always cherish the memories your son left behind..

Best Answer

how can you not grieve productively? I think you should read some books by neile donald walsch. conversations with god is my favorite book. book 1 and book 3 and "home with god". omg it changed my life

Best Answer

well get to it! what are you waiting on ?

Best Answer