If she is out of an agency, contact the agency...if you are the boss...it is time to consider a replacement. It would suck for her...but she will find a new job. If your son loses services and funding, it will be a major setback for his progress!

Best Answer

I'm the managing employer, we have an agency that handles payroll and such. The agency typically suggests that you have a back-up on stand-by, but didn't force the issue with us because we've had so many problems finding a good, dependable person that "fit" with my son. I've suggested a back-up to my son and he got very upset because the first really good aide he had quit when we hired a back-up, as she interpreted that as her being replaced. He's afraid of the same thing. There have been so many times we've had to put services on hold while we looked for a new aide, not using funding can jeopardize it as well, as there is a huge waiting list and people with greater needs than my son who don't have services, who the funding could be given to. It feels like we're "pinched" (for lack of a better word) no matter what we try to do, his services are in jeopardy.

Best Answer

just seem like she taking advantage of the fact your son loves her...you really need consider a replacement or bring up this topic with her,she eithier gets her **** together or gotta go

Best Answer

I agree, that's how I feel about it and I've tried to explain to my son that he deserves to be treated with respect and this job to be taken seriously. People seem to have the opinion that because it is a private family hiring them, that they can get away with things they would never think of doing at a typical job. I'd almost rather see him not have the service, than constantly dealing with the stress and frustration that's created by this person's irresponsibility.

Best Answer

i agree with you he deserves better than her

Best Answer

keep looking for another one.......lots of good people out there, just gotta find the right fit.........& yes i know where your comin from ;-)

Best Answer

I'm sorry that you've experienced anything like this yourself. It's so frustrating, when it's the potential independence and success of your child at stake.

Best Answer

Talking to her obviously is unhelpful. There must be a board/panel you can appeal to, or a coordinator that can help. Or even calling the state human services department.

Best Answer

I could ask the payroll agency to require her to call off to them as well as me, so they can monitor her reasons for missing work, etc. Otherwise, short of firing her and starting over, it feels like my hands are a bit tied.

Best Answer

That's too bad.

Best Answer