She should see an endocrinologist - her hormones might have gone wacky, and they mess up her emotions. Stay away from such things as Xanax and Clonopin and other benzos, because after a couple of weeks they seem to make the whole thing much much worse.<br />
If she's gotten that focused only on her own personal happiness, was it all of a sudden or gradual? That sounds like a classic narcissist, but narcissim doesn't just come on - and they can only hide it for a short time. It could be a drug reaction that acts like it.

Best Answer

Cheers. She is an only child and over 14 years she has definitely taken a lot lot more than given. Now over the last two years, she became a gym junkie, lost weight, took an extra extra time to look good and attractive, got a job with a big company in the city, hangs out with a crowd 10 years younger - mostly professional engineers and architects etc. Developed an unhealthy online obsession with her gym instructor, keeps mentioning that she is hotter than ever now and has become a head turner etc. I have my short comings as a flawed human - no alcohol, no drugs, no online addictions, no cheating - loyal to the core I am plus even she agrees that I am a doting father and a caring husband. I started a new business and got more involved in it while she was spending her energy at the gym....now it is all about HER happiness, HER life, HER choices, HER desires - does not matter if the kids suffer, we have to sell our house and face financial ruin - as long as she shows her friends that she is an independent single woman who can "have it all"...

Best Answer

I partially agree with Phred23, when he says it's hormonal. I have come across other cases where people used big words like bipolar etc, but it turned out be a case of emotional support from the spouse, some vacationing and some sex and fun and everything was back on track. <br />
I may be wrong, but I think you are over-reacting by using the word tornado. Sorry, if I am too judgemental, that might be because you have just used the phrase and not described it.

Best Answer