been a great ,loving, and caring mother never abusive, controlling and provided her with the best of everything, a beautiful home loving father and sisters that adore her. her main focus is to be with her abusive boyfriend and that;s all she cares about. should i give her what she;s asking for?
bfbegone bfbegone 41-45, F 21 Answers Apr 24, 2012

She can wait it out until she is 18 years old. Until then, remind her that you are the parent and she is still your child. Even after she turns 18, you will still be the parent and she will always be your child. Teenage girls are hormonally challenged, demanding brats who think they are adults. You should stay the parent in this situation. I would not give her what she is asking for because she doesn't see what the full ramifications of her actions are.

Best Answer

Wow - you say it so well! Listen to this gentleman! Teenage girls are brats - and while she might think you're the worst person ever - you will be hurting her way more in the long run if you let her have her way. Be strong, maybe get someone for you to talk to. But stand you're ground with the faith that she'll thank you one day. Good luck :)

Best Answer

Thank you Lady Verona.

Best Answer

Oh hell no!<br />
What a 17 year old wants while being a demanding brat is of no consequence to me.

Best Answer

Your daughter has the right to take you to court and ask that your rights as a parent be terminated, if she can prove to the court that her living situation is unsafe or there is other cause such as emotional abuse, physical abuse, etc etc. You do not have to voluntarily give up your parental rights.

Best Answer

Tough love is the only thing for her!<br />
If you think you're being bad parents you're not!<br />
Don't get pushed around, stand firm in the truth and be consistant with what you desire for her.<br />
You want the best for her and that's the way it must be for you to be satisfied as her parents.

Best Answer

no she can have her rights when she is 18 and legal

Best Answer

No, don't give in. You have to hang in there and do what you can, the stakes are too high. If she wants to purse the emancipation process, let her. The courts don't grant it easily and she'd really have to work at it. Most 17 year old's are all talk and bluster and don't have the stamina when the going gets tough. That buys you time. With that time be consistent....be the same parent you've always been.....loving, compassionate, reasonable. But, refuse to argue or fight. If she wants to talk....then by all means talk....but insist that it be done calmly, and rationally.....as soon as it becomes heated, walk away.

Best Answer

And how the heck is she supposed to pay for the emancipation anyway? She's not pregnant or trying to elope or something is she? Why don't you talk to her and listen to exactly what she has to say objectively - then you get your turn and explain to her exactly why she shouldn't do it. She'll be 18 before she knows it, and being a grown-up is so not as fun as you expect it to be. Once she gets a go at living out of home, paying bills, being responsible the novelty will sure as hell wear off.

Best Answer

Uh.... noooooo?? No offense, but this is the problem with society right now; giving into their kids and giving them what they want. I assume she wants all these "rights" while you have paid for her food, shelter, TV, spending money, etc. to date?<br />
If she's with an abusive boyfriend, the LAST thing you should do is cut her loose. She's SEVENTEEN.......! She is a minor, like the above poster mentioned. I'd get the cops involved. My parents would have put an END TO THAT CRAP promptly when I was seventeen (and I was a feisty kid).

Best Answer

If she wants to be emancipated as a minor by a judge, I say go for it. She has to prove she can be self sufficient and other requirements. She'll change her mind one day and see it as a mistake. I'd say "no" to signing my rights away or whatever but I would tell her to go through the emancipation of a minor process if she wants.

Best Answer

Not for that moronic reason. Build her a shed in the back yard to live in.

Best Answer

Tell her to put her request in writing, and you will review it with your intermediate family ( aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, mom, dad, cousins .... ) and you will let her know what they think.

Best Answer

Tie the litlle ungrateful ***** ans spank her up,untill she begs for mercy... Seriously who does she thinks she is?You fed her, clothe her,give her everything and now she just turns her back on you and the rest of your family? I believe its that litlle piece of **** that's with her...maybe i'm wrong ,but my guts tell me different...

Best Answer

Why don't you have her come on here and say what she thinks of her childhood herself. She can go to court and disown u anyway.

Best Answer

Short of locking her up, what can you do? It's a terrible situation, but I just can't think of any positive answer for you if she is positive about going on her own. I guess you could report her to the police if she leaves, but would that end up doing any good? Of course, if the abusive boyfriend is 18 or older, you might report him to the police for contributing to the delinquency of a minor, but I don't know if that would just make things worse between you and your daughter. :(

Best Answer

If you dont let her go now what the hell is another year going to do? She will still do the same thing.. Why not, hell let her make her own mistakes

Best Answer

If you lived here in the UK you'd already be free of parental obligations and she would be free of your control. One day you will have to admit that she is an adult, and allow her the freedom to take charge of her own life and even make her own mistakes.

Best Answer

Don't do it. Too bad she can't see her mistakes. We do such dumb things when we're young. If she survives this abusive relationship, she'll realize that family will always be there. The guys just come and go as they please. Why don't you call the cops on this guy? She is a minor.

Best Answer

NO...one day she will grow up..you hang in there. You are her Mother...it's a title you've worked hard for.<br />
I'm giving you a hug...from the mother of her own teenage daughter to another.

Best Answer

Hell no.!

Best Answer

my heart is broken you have no idea she id demanding and says she doesn't care for us at all that he is the only one that cares . I don't know where ewe went wrong for her to change in to such a cold hearted young girl. I have barely sleep in weeks. I don't drink .do drugs or abuse my kids ain any way. I have meals ready everyday do their laudry keep an immaculate house they have friends over a cottage in the summer what have i done for her to turn on us this way?

Best Answer