AmazinglyAmazing AmazinglyAmazing 22-25, F 24 Answers Dec 4, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller, Jr.

The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney

Best Answer

I'm glad to see someone else has read Canticle for Leibowitz. :)

Best Answer

what a fantastic book right!?! :D

Best Answer

Master and Margarita- Mihail Bulgakov

Aleph and other stories- Jorge Luis Borges

The Waves- Virginia Woolf

Locus Solus- Raymond Roussel

The Aspern Papers- Henry James

This are first ones that come to my mind now. Tomorrow my answer would probably be different, but they would be classics anyway.

Best Answer

1. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?--Phillip K. ****

2. The Stand---Stephen King

3. Jurassic Park--Michael Crichton

4. Communion---Whitley Streiber

5. The Color Purple---Alice Walker

Best Answer

Hard to narrow it down to just 5

"The Breach" (Trilogy) by Patrick Lee

"Falling" by Christopher Pike

"It" by Stephen King

"Wildwood" by John Farris

"Sole Survivor" by Dean Koontz

Best Answer

tuesdays with morrie

daddy longlengs

anne of green gables

Men are from mars women are from venus

Human nature and development by hurlock =)

Best Answer

1. Time Traveler's Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger - best time travel descriptions of all time.

2. Without Remorse, by Tom Clancy - liked all of his books, but is still his best.

3. Memoirs of a Geisha, by Arthur Golden - Wonderfully descriptive story

4. It, by Stephen King - after reading about Pennywise you'll never see clowns in the same light

5. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson - great novel (with the 2 sequels) and much better than Hunger Games.

Best Answer

harry potter - was a fun till it stopped doing it for me;twilight - not even close to ever bein an option!got tired of readin the popular options even though they are good...

am suggesting the mystery,detective,crime,who-dunnit phenomena....it always get me hooked on a holiday...lets see, since we're listing favorites here I'd have to say

And then there were none by Agatha Christie

The Murder of Roger AcKroyd by Agatha Christie

Five Little Pigs by Agatha Christie

Along Came a Spider by James Patterson

Body of Evidence by Patricia Cornwell

am greatly hinting at an Agatha Christie..u can never go wrong with her books!?

Best Answer

Call of Cthulhu, (Or anything by Lovecraft)

The Cask of Amontillado is a good short story by Edgar Allan Poe

Stephen King books, in general,

If you like Shakespeare then King Lear, and Macbeth are my favorites of his,

Dracula, and Dracula's Guest, (A short story collection by Bram Stoker)

Frankenstein is also a great read if you've never had the pleasure.

Best Answer

Jane Eyre

Harry Potter

Twilight Saga

Pride & Prejudice

Wurthering Heights

Bid Time Return, (Somewhere in Time was based on this book)

Best Answer

Ill skip naming the popular ones I like, but if you haven't you really should read Harry Potter.

1. John Dies at the End

2. Interview with a Vampire (Anne Rice series they are all really good)

3. Trolls eye view (if you like fairy tales)

4. The Knife of never letting go (another series)

5. It

6. Under the Dome

7. How to disappear completely and Never be Found

Okay maybe more than 5 but I couldn't choose and wanted to give variety haha

Best Answer

A World Away by Stewart Onan

The Civil War Series by James Reasoner

50 Shades of grey by E.L. James

Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

Tall dark & deadly by some chick author I cant remember

Best Answer

The Magicans and The Magican King by Lev Groosman

The Stand by Stephen King

Dune by Frank Herbert

Into Thin Air and Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer

Best Answer

harry potter

full dark no stars (stephen king < collection of 4 short stories all amazing!)

Best Answer

The Woman in Black

IT

Phantoms

The Shadow over Innsmouth

Cabal

If you don't like horror, ignore my suggestions. ;)

Best Answer

LOL no you are totally fine. I love horror but thank you for the list. I will look into it =)

Best Answer

Down To This: Squalor and Splendour in a Big City Shanty Town, by Shaughnessy Bishop-Stall This was a quirky book about a reporters commitment to live in Toronto's famous Tent City. It was a great book.

The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon, loads of time travel, over the entire searies.

The Help, just plain fun (forgot the author)

The Memory Palace by Mira Bartok. the sad truth of one childs account of living with a mentallly ill mother.

Guilty Wives by James Pattersons this was an excellent thriller kind of story about a group of women in jail... no I am not all about jail hehehehe

Forget You Had A Daughter: Doing Time in the Bangkok Hilton... one young womans account in a foreighn Jail in Bankok. This was not a pleasing read, it was a good read but insanely disturbing.

Best Answer

You are too funny haha but thank you for the list. Sounds amazing. I can't wait to look into them. I have heard spectacular things about the help. Unfortunately I only saw the movie and never read the book. I just got into reading again so I will look deep into these and thank you for the descriptions. Sounds wonderful =)

Best Answer

I refrained from telling you about the books I have read on Bikers hehehehe ;) do enjoy, honestly "Down to this" was probably my most fave read albiet quirky

Best Answer

In no partiuclar order:

Green Angel by Alice Hoffman

In the Forests of the Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Any Ellen Hopkins book

Kissed by an Angel by Elizabeth Chandler

Best Answer

Ohhh thank you. Sounds great, I have heard great things baout Elizabeth Chandler. =) Thank you.

Best Answer

ahh how can I choose??! well here are a few... not sure what genres you like though

Pride & Prejudice

Treasures of the Snow

Christy

Heidi (I know its kind of a kids book but I still love it!!)

Chronicles of Narnia

what are some of yours?

Best Answer

LOL I know when I said 5 I was like man thats probably too short of a list haha but Oh I have read Pride and Prejudice, didn't really pay attention which I should have cause I did like it. but I will look into that thank you =)) but as for mine. I just read Gone Girl, not one of my favorites though. Hmm I def like anything just like you it's so hard to pick. I just got done reading another book close to the series of 50 shades of grey. And going to start reading Harry Potter. But I'm having a brain fart on all the books I have read. Been soo long and I just started getting back into reading again so I'll have to come bak to ya ;) but again thank you for the request. I will look them up.

Best Answer

Hell House, Odd Thomas (book 1) The Long Walk (Stephen King), The Hobbit, The Haunting of Hill House

Best Answer

My friend is reading the Hobbit and said it is soo good. Thank you for your suggestions. Will keep this question in mind and always go back and refer to this so thank you =)

Best Answer

You're welcome. In my opinion, The Hobbit is better than The Fellowship of the Ring. But you may like that one, as well.

Best Answer

Awesome, thank you =) I will have to read them all. I haven't read em yet =( I'm so late on my reading but thank you again. I appreciate it.

Best Answer

eragon trilogy, the pearl, 48 laws of power, house of leaves, the illiad

Best Answer

Awesome, thank you. I'm on amazon looking at reviews right now, so thank you!!! =)

Best Answer

no problem, all of them are from different genres so hopefully you'll find one you like.

Best Answer

Oh I'm sure I will, thank you =) I really like anything, as long as it has a good story line. I'm all in =)) lol

Best Answer

Anything by Stephen King, Clive Barker or Dean Koontz. Well, most anything. And that's if you're into that type of book.

Best Answer

I do like Stephen King. I read a few books of his a while back. I'll have to check them all out, thank you =) I appreciate it.

Best Answer