I plan on going into a branch of the military when I graduate. my father wants me to go navy, my mom wants me to go air force and my grandpa want me to go army, my boyfriend wants me to go into the branch he's going into (army) and the rest of my family is divided. I dont know what to do. HELP!!!
MusicWhore MusicWhore 16-17, F 13 Answers Jul 5, 2012

The U.S is cutting back military big time. Army is a bad choice, especially as a woman. Go in the Navy, we will be pushing hard in the Pacific this century as the generals continue with the ******* contest with China. Specialize in something high tech, or you may get phased out.

Best Answer

Navy.

No combat. If you're stationed on a ship you can "see the world". If you're stationed on a base you can work '9 to 5' and have a house or apartment off base.

Best Answer

I chose to join the Navy after high school. This was during the Viet Nam era. I wanted to serve my country but I didn't want anyone shooting at me while I was doing it.

I'm wishing you the best of luck in the service of our country. It will be sometimes a frustrating experience, but at the same time it will be rewarding.

Best Answer

Once your through with basic training, you can lead a pretty normal life in the Air Force or the Navy (if your not aboard a ship) or, the Army for that matter, if you don't get sent to a war zone. My suggestion, if you have the time, is to visit the Recruiting Centers of each branch of the military, listen to what they have to offer, and then decide based on your preference.

Best Answer

thanks

Best Answer

Thanks for best answer and good luck with your choice. I can't message you because of EP restrictions re. your age. Hope you get this.

Best Answer

totally understand

Best Answer

Army. I was Delta Force so I'll see you soon!

Best Answer

From former Army, go Air Force. I regret not waiting for the Air Force recruiter to get back to me.

Best Answer

I was in the Navy. Loved it. The navy generally has the best food of the services. They send a lot of people to culinary school. When I was in, women were just starting to be assigned to warships but hadn't made it to mine. Now they are on pretty much any ship or shore base. Pick some job you like to do, but as a previous poster commented, do something that has a civilian world application. Hospital Corpsman can translate to paramedic, nurse, ect. Gunners Mate....not so much. Master at Arms is a good lead into law enforcement.

Here is a wiki-link that has a short description of many of the jobs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Navy_ratings#Rating_structure

Best Answer

Army has better facilities for women. Navy is still catching up.

Best Answer

Join the airforce.

Best Answer

If you are planning on having some sort additional usable skills when you get out, I'd suggest Air Force. However, stay away from the Air Force Academy. Females aren't treated so well at that place. I was a Marine by the way, a really long time ago.

Best Answer

idiot

Best Answer

if you think I am an idiot please dont coment

Best Answer

I do you know why a 16-17 year old girl would want to mess her life up so young? Navy (Merchant). It is safer.

Best Answer