My 2nd adopted Hamster has developed a Bald Area from her Left Hip up towards behind her left forearm, have tried Cod Liver Oil drops in her water-also Pro-C probiotic powder for small animals in her water on other occasions-No Improvement so far. Vet has ruled out Mites and I use Paper flakes for the base of her Cage and Rotastak Fluffy bedding for her Bedding, and she has a Balanced Diet which also includes a different piece of veg daily, also a piece of apple one evening and a piece of pear another evening, also cooked pasta once a week, a piece if Rich tea Biscuit once a week and a Nibble stick-also a small portion of Low fat Rice pudding once a week-and on odd occasions a piece of Cooked Potato.
HamsterLover123 HamsterLover123 51-55, F 2 Answers Apr 15, 2012

you might look into organic coconut oil.

Best Answer

To sneakygirl1,
Hi There sneakygirl1,
Many Thanks for reply to my question Re: effective remedy/product to encourage Fur Loss on Hamster-Do you have exoerience with & own a Hamster-and If so Have you tried Organic Coconut Oil and had a Hamster with Fur Loss-that has actually worked, and I assume Coconut Oil is perfectly natural and Safe to give a Hamster?,
Please reply again "Very Soon",
Many Thanks,
from HamsterLover123.

Best Answer

i know people have had success with this type of thing with their dogs and cats. i don't know for sure, but it seems like it would help a hamster too. you might try mixing a little in his food, see if he eats it. but you can also rub it on his skin/fur. coconut oil is generally good for skin/hair issues, although like i said, i haven't heard anything specifically about using it on such little animals. but it's a good bet, probably worth trying. wishing you and your pet the best!

Best Answer