So if you've seen my other questions, you see i'm going through a real crisis with body image. I've always been pursuing dancing, modelling and other image-based goals.. but it is this that has destroyed my perception of self. I feel like i have nothing else to fall back on, as i have put all my effort into my body over the past 5 years, but due to recent weight gain am now lacking the confidence to now pursue these things, i have no idea what to do with myself! I have been unemployed, searching for my next calling for the past year and nothing else has appealed to me, causing severe depression and an eating disorder. I am in therapy, but it is not helping. Honestly, what are some suggestions as to what could be helpful to do in my life and refind myself? What would you do in this situation??
arvella arvella 18-21, F 6 Answers Nov 4, 2011

find someone else who needs help, teach a kid to read, be helpful to an elderly neighbour..etc........don't focus so much on yourself, do something for someone else and you will find that you feel better about yourself, you will find that you are actually useful, and your image is no longer so important. Then regardless of how you may look you will be beautiful. A person whose focus is on helping someone else will usually find that other ideas or callings then come to you...............

Best Answer

That's a great answer :)

Best Answer

Been there with the eating disorder I'm not a modle but I. Do like to look half way decent. Seems the weightis the main thing. If you are a modle you. Probably know how to get rid of that. If its just a little liposuction could be of help. Ther is no reason to be overweight if your otherwise healthy. Just stay away from the wrong foods and too much.

Best Answer

Go and sit on a hill with a guitar

Best Answer

I would do what I always do, Run Away! start traveling, follow that abstract voice that sings songs repetitively in the back of your mind, If you get outside of your familiar surroundings and out of your old thought-form, It will stop singing lame songs and start to give you advice from your higher-self, that should give you a new beneficial direction, get in touch with your Mother Nature! she always gives me divine inspiration, I started playing music, and life is starting to open up for me.

Best Answer